Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
toplayr
Prospect

Question Have to click 2-3 times for mouse to work... not mouse problem!

Hi,

This is not a MOUSE problem. I tried 4 mouse on my laptop and they all have the same problem. I have a Powerbook G4 1.5GB ran 1GHz. I have 20 GB left on HD. I have to click 2-4 times on something for the think to Click. Lets say I'm on a window and I can check off boxes, I need to click them 2-4 times for the check to appear. Same for buttons and anything else I click on. Never had that problem before.
  • I restarted the laptop
  • Plugged the mouse in a different USB port (tried 4 of them) 2 on the laptop, 2 on the 23" cinema display
  • Emptied the trash
  • Tried 4 different mouse

I'm out of options...

Please help before I go completely nuts!
toplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
trevor

Create a brand new user on your computer. Does this new user show the same problem?

Trevor
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
toplayr
Prospect

Update

Hi,

I went into the SYSTEM PREFERENCE - MOUSE info

I changed the PRIMARY button to the RIGHT instead of the left. Was a major pain but wanted to see if it was working OK, and it was... Then I changed the primary button back to the LEFT and it's not working fine.

Weird I guess... But it's now working and I'm happy!
Thanks!

PS: Didn't do the new user thing since it's now working and I have no idea as to how to do that.
toplayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Diana27

Smile Thank you!

Thank you, Toplayr! I did what you had done on the mouse and now mine works fine too. After weeks of frustration with the mouse not going anywhere, I appreciate the help!

Diana27

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: