Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Networking

Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
stav13
Prospect

Login script for active directory (automount drive)

Hi,

I am currently working on a project to connect OS x machines onto a windows 2003 domain.

So far all good but im trying to find a login script that can be added to the active directory and then to the users profile and ran on login .....

I have set automount on one OS x machine so far through login items locally but I would prefer to have it working through a login script ran from the AD.

I tested a .bat file we use for the windows machines to automount the drive but it wont work with the OS x machine due to incompatibility so what else can I use?

Thanks in advance.
stav13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
tlarkin
League Commissioner

I am not quite sure what exactly you are trying to do. Are you trying to create a log in hook for every user when they log in it maps the home directory on a Windows server?

http://www.tlarkin.com

"It just told me what I already knew, that I'm a great and amazing guy, didn't I tell you baby, I'm Zaphod Beeblebrox."
tlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
stav13
Prospect

I have a shared folder on the server which I want to map through a login script on the AD.

With the windows users we use a .bat to do this but wont work on the OS x machines ......

Basically the OS x users need one folder to share their data between each other and it needs to be automatic when they login ...

Sorry if im not explaining this correctly as I havent work with OS x machines to this degree.

Cheers
stav13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: