|07-18-2008, 10:14 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Garmin GPS and OSX, which software ?
I have a Garmin GPSMAP 76CSX.
It's the only reason I would use Windows on my Mac (MacBook Core Du0 2.0).
I am wondering if anyone used a Garmin GPS with VMWare Fusion or Parallels. I know it works with BootCamp, but it ticks me off to have to Upgrade to 10.5 just for Bootcamp for 1 piece of software...
Anyhow, my 3 solutions:
1) OS 10.5, Bootcamp, XP SP2, then run Garmin apps & Maps
2) VMWare Fusion, XP SP2, then run Garmin apps & Maps
3) Parallels, XP SP2, then run Garmin apps & Maps
I need to be able to run the full spectrum of Garmin software. I tried running the Mac fixes, and they are not convenient for my use. My needs are:
1) Good USB recognition & connectivity
2) Good software recognition & usability
3) Easy data transfer between the GPS unit & Computer
|07-18-2008, 12:44 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2002
etrex works w/ Parallels
I use the garmin mapquest software and the updaters in parallels and they work great. I don't notice any slow down running in the virtual environment and the updates are the same speed as from a real windows box. This is with a Garmin etrex vista-C gps.
I'm sure fusion would work too. I've never used it but some people like it better than parallels. I got parallels because it was on sale.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|