Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 AM   #1
austinnate

Help uninstalling Safaristand on Leopard 10.5.2

I am somewhat new to the mac.
In a hasty rush to try ALL things new I installed Safaristand.
I now see I have no need for it and want to return to the way things were.

After going to the developers site.... he has nothing on how to uninstall it from your computer.
Might anyone be of help?

Thanks in advance!!!
austinnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Raven
Hall of Famer

Simply delete all files related to it after disabling all of its options while Safari is closed. If you want to make real sure after that that Safari will reload without it, then reboot before opening Safari again.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
dandj
Major Leaguer

I use Safaristand a lot. I like the sidebar icons for viewed pages and dragging links to.

However if you want to remove it you'll find Safaristand.bundle in either /Library/Applications Support/SIMBL/Plugins or ~/Library/Applications Support/SIMBL/Plugins, depending where you installed it.

Remove or delete this file and restart Safari.

To search for this and similar files, I use EasyFind (under Freeware Applications at http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/index.html) which can search in system files where Spotlight doesn't look.

Last edited by dandj; 02-15-2008 at 04:09 PM.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
dandj
Major Leaguer

I have to correct myself here. Spotlight *CAN* find system files, but it's not very intuitive.

After Command-F in a finder window, click on Kind, select Other... and click on System files from the attributes list which appears (tick the In Menu box as well if you are likely to use this attribute often, to include it in the drop down menu).

Then select "include" in the next drop down menu and type the name of the file you are searching for in the Search For box.

Spotlight will then display the results, including files from system locations. Click File Names to focus only on files with the search string in the file name. Note: "Contents" also searches metadata related to files, not the contents of the file itself. If you do actually want to search the contents of a file, use the Contents attribute from the Other... list.

TidBits described this and many other Spotlight features in an excellent article on using Spotlight with Leopard at http://db.tidbits.com/article/9283.

Last edited by dandj; 02-15-2008 at 10:05 PM.
dandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
lio
Prospect

And I think you can find Safaristand.bundle also in ~/Library/Applications Support/PimpKit

Am I right?
lio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: