Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Old 12-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
NepentheZ
Prospect

II Freecom - External Hard Drive Help.!

Hi. I've got the above hard drive, (400gb) and am having a few problems with it.!

It came with PC Software, but not mac software, which didn't suprise me one little bit.... , but, When attaching the USB to the Mac, the Mac picked it up and i was able to "drag and drop" things on to the hard drive, as i wished.

Here in lies the problem.

I moved house a few months back, and in transit, lost the power adapter to the hard drive. Have only just got around to buying a new adapter for it (Universal, admittedly), but when i plugged it in, the Mac isn't picking up the hard drive. It has power, and the adapter is at the right voltage (i think), but its not recognizing that the hard drive is in the USB Slot.

I have a lot of important info on this Hard Drive, and would appreciate any help possible.

Thanks.

-Nep
NepentheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:10 AM   #2
warragul
All Star

If you look in the USB section of System Profiler does your drive show up?
How about in Disk Tools?
If it doesn't show in either then maybe your power supply is not the right one.
Hopefully it's only inadequate rather than excessive. If it's the latter it may have lunched your USB/IDE adaptor at best; your HD at worst.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: