Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 11-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
danborden
Triple-A Player

QuickBooks Pro 2005 problem with Leopard

I have been using QuickBook Pro on a G-4 PowerBook running Tiger for a long time with no problems. I now have a new iMac running Leopard. I migrated my files from the PowerBook to the iMac, and now QuickBooks is acting up. When I try to launch it, aprx, 9 times out of 10 it crashes. Occasionally it opens my file and works fine. There is no real pattern that I can discern.

Is anyone else running any version of QuickBooks successfully on an Intel Mac with Leopard? I'm assuming I'll have to upgrade to a newer version, but if there's another fix, I'd like to pursue it since the version I have does everything I need it to do just fine (or it did before I changed machines).

Thanks for any ideas.

Dan
danborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
cherylchase

Quickbooks Pro 6 and Leopard

I have been running QB Pro 6, with some problems, in 10.4. Now that I have upgraded to Leopard 10.5, it's unusable: menus are unresponsive, with both mouse and keystrokes.
cherylchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
danborden
Triple-A Player

Thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't mention that I'm running QuickBooks Pro 2005. I've now at least figured out that if I disable password protection, the file opens normally. The program also seems to run fine until I close it and try to back up. I then get error messages saying the file can't be opened - even though it is open. Any data I enter seems to post properly, and I haven't lost anything yet, but I'm nervous about relying on this version. Intuit's website for QuickBooks says that QuickBooks Pro 2007 is a universal version that will run on Intel or Power PC Macs and runs on OS 10.4.10 and 10.5. I'd like to hear from someone who knows for sure before upgrading.
I'll post more if I learn anything else.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
macguy59

QBP 2005 on an Intel iMac (white) running Leopard. The only issues I have so far is the drop down boxes don't work when you click on them and the app will crash occasionally when performing a backup. The problem with the drop down boxes is close to being a show stopper. Luckily I use it enough to remember the various options for the different drop downs. If I type the first few letters of the option I want, QBP will autocomplete it and I can continue on that way.
macguy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
mdhwebmaster

Yeah, I'm having a problem with the drop-down boxes, too. Only since Leopard. I'm on a Mac Pro, Leopard 10.5.1, QB2007.
mdhwebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
CHP_Melissa
Prospect

Issues with Quickbooks for Mac Pro 2005 since upgrading to Leopard

I am also having issues since upgrading my operating system to Leopard. Quickbooks closes due to an unexpected error frequently. I am also not able to access drop-down lists. The box on my chart of accounts screen is checked to include inactive, but this still doesn't help. Any advice on how to fix this? Is this problem only with the 2005 version? Maybe I just need to upgrade our software. HELP!!!
CHP_Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
danborden
Triple-A Player

I'm not having the same problems as you, but I haven't found any fixes for my problems either. I seriously doubt that Intuit will issue a patch or update to the 2005 version. Their Mac support stinks anyway. If you open QuickBooks and check for updates under the QuickBooks menu, you just get delivered to their Web Page for Windows products.

At this point, I'll probably wait for QuickBooks Pro 2008 and upgrade then.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
dcaplan

This fix might help for those of you with QB Pro6:

http://quickbooksgroups.com/webx/forums/mac/1965

"ALERT A patch (R5) for QuickBooks Pro 2006 for Mac and QuickBooks New User Edition 2006 for Mac is now available that resolves the product upgrade issues."
dcaplan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: