Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > iHardware Devices > iPhone Info Center

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
raydouble
Major Leaguer

Getting iPhone-purchased songs onto iTunes?

So I bought a song wirelessly using the iTunes store on my iPhone.

Now how do I get that to go onto my iTunes? It's seemingly impossible
raydouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

Doesn't your purchase show up when you click on 'Purchased' under iTunes Store?
DeltaMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
mclaren1444
Triple-A Player

just connect ur iphone and sync it with itunes it will go.
mclaren1444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 AM   #4
raydouble
Major Leaguer

already synced. it only syncs from iTunes to iPod, not other way around.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
wmscyclone
Prospect

Mine automatically syncs from the iPhone to iTunes. You might try right-clicking/control-clicking on the iPhone in the iTunes window and forcing it to transfer authorized music (or something like that)...I saw the option the other day when I right-clicked on the iPhone in the iTunes sidebar.
wmscyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
raydouble
Major Leaguer

thanks, I'll try.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
raydouble
Major Leaguer

So, I tried. I control-clicked on the iPhone that appears on the left under "devices" in iTunes, and had to click "Transfer Purchases." There is now a "Purchased" and a "Purchased from Ray's iPhone" folder under "Store." I don't see how any of you had your wi-fi-purchased songs transferred from your iPhone to your iunes without doing this.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

Will Senuti work with an iPhone?
DeltaMac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
wmscyclone
Prospect

Maybe you should seek troubleshooting from Apple

According the the iTunes wifi store website (http://www.apple.com/itunes/store/wifistore.html):

Quote:
Sync it back.
When you get back to your computer, all the music you bought while you were out and about syncs to your iTunes library the minute you connect your iPhone or iPod touch. So the songs you bought on the go will play on your computer, too. And if you’ve only partially downloaded a song to iPhone or iPod touch, your computer completes the download automatically.

So far, whenever I plug in my iPhone, it automatically syncs any new purchases.

Is your iPhone set to sync automatically?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #10
raydouble
Major Leaguer

not set to auto-sync. i hate auto-sync.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
dfbills
Triple-A Player

why do you hate auto-sync? you can't track your playcounts and ratings without it
dfbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:39 PM   #12
wmscyclone
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydouble
not set to auto-sync. i hate auto-sync.

Have you tried doing a manual sync with newly-purchased music? Does it get transfered over with a manual sync?
Old 12-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
SharesaJean

If you don't see "Purchased" under "Store" like your supposed to...

You can just right click on your device under "Device" then click "Transfer Purchases".
It should pop up under Store, then it will be one of the files to Sync when you do so as "Purchased".

Hope this helps.
-SharesaJean
SharesaJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
moreland007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharesaJean
You can just right click on your device under "Device" then click "Transfer Purchases".
It should pop up under Store, then it will be one of the files to Sync when you do so as "Purchased".

Hope this helps.
-SharesaJean

That was the ticket. Thanks for the help!
moreland007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #15
yellow

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! It's just what I needed.
yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #16
klaro

sync songs bought via the iPhone with iTunes on ANY PC

***NOTEi: These steps are (as of 2010-04-20) available when requesting support via the apple support page for iphone/iTunes.

Tunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer
2010-04-14 18:42:18 GMT
Products Affected
iTunes Store, iPhone, iTunes, iPod
Introduction

If you purchased items from the iTunes Store and the only place you have them stored is on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, you can transfer them to any computer that is authorized for your iTunes Store account. This feature adds an extra layer of protection against losing your valued purchases.
How To

If you want to transfer iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod to a computer, be sure to authorize the computer before connecting the device. To authorize, follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
2. From the Store menu, choose Authorize Computer.
3. In the dialog that appears, the Apple ID button is selected by default. If you have an AOL account, select AOL.
4. Enter your Apple ID or AOL screen name and password, then click the Authorize button.

If the iTunes Store purchases on your device were purchased with multiple accounts, you will need to authorize the computer for each one.

To transfer iTunes Store purchases from your device to a computer, follow these steps:

1. Connect your device to the computer. If it is synced with another iTunes library, the following dialog may appear:

the ipod is synced with another itunes library
2. Click the Transfer Purchases button.

Important: Clicking Erase and Sync will delete any existing content currently on your device. The content will be replaced with whatever existing content is in the current iTunes library your device is connected to. If there is no content in the iTunes library, nothing will be synced to your device, and your device will be empty.

iTunes will begin copying any purchases made with any account that the computer is authorized for.

If when you connect your device you are not prompted by the dialog above, it could be that the option "Do not ask me again" was previously selected. Fortunately, there are two more ways you can copy your purchases from your device.

After connecting your device to the computer and its icon appears in iTunes, you can choose Transfer Purchases from "Your device name" from the File menu.

transfer purchases from ipod option

Or, you can right-click (Windows or Mac) or Control-click (Mac only) your device in the iTunes Source list, then choose Transfer Purchases from the shortcut menu that appears.

transfer purchases shortcut menu option

Please note that this feature only works for items that were purchased on the iTunes Store. Any items imported from audio CDs or acquired from other sources will not copy from your device to the iTunes library.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #17
Atarashiihikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreland007
That was the ticket. Thanks for the help!

The last time I restored my iphone, I didn't know I had to do that! So I lost the music I purchased through stupid iTunes.

Seriously WTF? When you choose not to muanually manage music it warns you that it will replace all your iphone music with random music from your computer. ie you lose your purchases! You cannot drag and drop the purchased music to your library - Why not Apple? Whhhhyyy??

It's almost as if Apple want you to lose your purchases! I mean seriously, you'd expect that when you do a lousy sync, your purchases would be saved.. Ohhh No! That would be easy and logical! if you didn't know to right click and Transfer Purchases... that's too bad - Oh you elected to delete your purchases! Bad luck! You'll have to buy them all again now for $2.19 each! Church of Apple! Calling Church of Apple... Can you please offer a rebutal and defend Apple on this serious issue? Or explain how Apple has been more than fair blah blah blah...

Thank you

Pssst! Right Click, transfer purchases!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #18
katandmouse
Prospect

Doesn't work for me

I found how to transfer my song to my computer via the transfer link. It appears to go through, but I can't find the file anywhere in iTunes.
katandmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #19
rexasarus

Cool

Connect your iPod/iPhone,
If it does not do it automatically,
Then click File, then 'Transfer Purchases'

Old 05-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Lulugreen
Prospect

Getting iPhone-purchased songs onto iTunes

Logically speaking, you can get your purchased songs from iPhone onto your iTunes by clicking "Purchased".

But if you can't still do that, you can free download "iPhone to iTunes Transfer" to get your purchased songs from iPhone to iTunes library.

Actually, no matter where your songs are from, as long as they are on your iPhone now, you can use it to get music from iPhone to iTunes easily.

Last edited by hayne; 05-24-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: removed spammish links
Lulugreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: