Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > iHardware Devices > iPhone Info Center

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
fetalsono
Banned

Can you back up Notes from iPhone

Is there any other way to keep documents on your iPhone other than notes? Also, if I have created a Note on my iPhone, is there a way to back it up?

Thanks

Peter
fetalsono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
325ster
Triple-A Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetalsono
Is there any other way to keep documents on your iPhone other than notes? Also, if I have created a Note on my iPhone, is there a way to back it up?

Thanks

Peter

The notes are backed up everytime you sync with iTunes... but if you wanted to back them up yourself, you could copy out the database files manually... \var\root\Library\Notes\notes.db

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any other notes applications... so far
Old 09-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #3
fetalsono
Banned

I was in the Apple store yesterday and I was told that Notes is the one thing that is not backed up when you do a Synch. They said that there is no place in iTunes for it to go. They suggested emailing Notes to myself to have a backup, but it won't be "synchable".
fetalsono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
325ster
Triple-A Player

Well, kind of right... its not syncable in that sense... everytime you sync with itunes, it is backed up along with all of the iphones settings etc (except passwords & camera roll)... so if in the event you ever need to do a full restore, itunes gives you the option to recover your previous settings which includes the notes!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
manX
Prospect

Backup iPhone Notes

Quote:

Thanks

Peter

Your best bet to backup iPhone notes is back them up at Gmail if you have a Gmail account
This allows you to access your notes from anywhere

This is how to Backup iPhone Notes http://www.sync-iphone.com/notes-2/s...one-notes.html
manX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
Nijal

I think you shold be able to see your backed-up notes in the Mail application.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
gamaliel1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ster
The notes are backed up everytime you sync with iTunes... but if you wanted to back them up yourself, you could copy out the database files manually... \var\root\Library\Notes\notes.db

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any other notes applications... so far

Last year I upgraded from an iPhone 3 GS to an iPhone 4 and the sync that I made from the 3 GS didn't bring my notes nor the Contacts into the iPhone 4. With the new 4S, what would happend if I need to transfer everything into a new iPhone?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #8
YtuМama
Prospect

Does anyone know how to transfer my "On my iPhone" notes to my iCloud account. I am trying to back up all of my iphone notes to my icloud so that i can transfer them to my new iPod Touch. thanks.

I can currently only push newly created notes from my iphone to my ipod touch. however, the old notes on my iphone (appearing as part of my "on my iphone" account) remain strictly on my iphone.
YtuМama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Hkemp
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtuМama
Does anyone know how to transfer my "On my iPhone" notes to my iCloud account. I am trying to back up all of my iphone notes to my icloud so that i can transfer them to my new iPod Touch. thanks.

I can currently only push newly created notes from my iphone to my ipod touch. however, the old notes on my iphone (appearing as part of my "on my iphone" account) remain strictly on my iphone.

The notes found in your OnMyiPhone account can unfortunately not be added to your iCloud account. Due to some Apple limitation which I am not especially aware of, these notes created before you enabled iCloud notes sync, remain strictly on your iphone. The most you can do is to back up these iPhone notes to your computer. Once you your computer, import the notes files to your iPod Touch.
Hkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
YtuМama
Prospect

Ok, I have synced my phone with itunes. itunes said "creating backup". Where do I find the backup of the notes to restore to my ipod touch?
YtuМama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #11
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

This Apple support article should tell you everything you want to know: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4946
DeltaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #12
BobbieLee
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtuМama
Ok, I have synced my phone with itunes. itunes said "creating backup". Where do I find the backup of the notes to restore to my ipod touch?

The backup created by iTunes of your iPhone notes can only be restored to your iPod via iTunes. Restoring your iPod Touch with iTunes from a backup made of your iPhone will erase all settings/apps from your iPod Touch and replace them with the backed up ones from your iPhone. At least you will have your iPhone notes restored to your iPod Touch. If you would only like to back up your iPhone notes and then restore only this information to your iPod Touch, refer to this: How to backup iPhone notes
BobbieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #13
kukukim

Quote:

Thanks

Peter

I supposed to transfer the notes to computer by iTunes, then back up the notes. It can be done in two ways. I: Directly transfer iPhone notes to PC. II: Copy iPhone 5/4S notes to Mac or PC. Just connect your iPhone to computer, then enter DFU mode and scan your iPhone, and preview and transfer iPhone notes to PC.
kukukim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #14
cooluser

If you sync them to ur gmail I think u can access them anywhere
cooluser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: