Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 08-16-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
jgwatkins@cgp.ne

Entourage - Moving my calendar

I have had my regular Entourage email account set up on my Mac for a while and I have my calendar full of events. I recently figured out how to configure Entourage to sync with my company's exchange server. So now I have two separate sets of calendars, mail and contacts.(one set in "Folders on my computer" and the other in my exchange folder.) I want to move all of my calendar events from the calendar in "Folders on my computer" to my exchange account calendar. I know it won't just let me copy that calendar over so is there any way I can get around this and do it quickly? (I know I can move each event one by one but that is a dismal task!)

Hope someone can help!

Thanks, Jordan
Old 08-17-2007, 01:20 AM   #2
giskard22

I don't have Entourage in front of me, but is there a Select All function available? Once you've selected the events, you should be able to just drag and drop them onto the Exchange calendar icon in the folder list.
giskard22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
mclbruce
Hall of Famer

I think the Calendar Views area may hold the key to do this easily.

Try making up a view that just shows the calendar events on your computer that you want to move.

Once you do that you will be able to see your events in list view.

From list view you may be able to drag and drop the events to the appropriate place.

I'd do some testing with one or two events. Even if that works I would be careful about dragging too many events at once. I'd limit myself to dragging one or two hundred at a time. When I try to drag and drop a lot of contacts at once Entourage has problems, and I expect the same problems will happen with calendar events.
mclbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
Quintin

Help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwatkins@cgp.ne
I have had my regular Entourage email account set up on my Mac for a while and I have my calendar full of events. I recently figured out how to configure Entourage to sync with my company's exchange server

Could you please explain to me how you did this?

thanks
Quintin
Quintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
giskard22

All you do is add an account of type "Exchange".
giskard22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: