Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
levingesundheit
Prospect

Firefox stopped automatically open pdf in Preview :-(

I like it when Firefox automatically opens pdfs links in Preview. Usually it downloads them on the desktop and automatically opens them in Preview. For some reason, now it only downloads them and doesn't automatically open them. How can I get it to do what is used to do?
levingesundheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
j_dub_muss
Prospect

When you are downloading a pdf, always choose the option to open file after downloading it and it should work
j_dub_muss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Jay Carr
Hall of Famer

There's a plug-in for Firefox called PDF Viewer I believe, and it gives you some good controls over stuff like this. Go to Firefoxes web page and look for it, just run a search for PDF's or something.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
JBrad
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by levingesundheit
I like it when Firefox automatically opens pdfs links in Preview. Usually it downloads them on the desktop and automatically opens them in Preview. For some reason, now it only downloads them and doesn't automatically open them. How can I get it to do what is used to do?

I agree. My Firefox continues to immediately open pdf documents instantly in Preview. No need to click anything beyond the pdf document I want to open. Quick, clean and effective without the clutter of Adobe Reader. I wish I could tell you why it does so. I'm using latest OS X on iMac G5.

Same with Safari. It opens with Previes as well. Only problem is I can't get my Camino to use Preview. It reverts to the Adobe monster.

JBrad
JBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
bhargav
Prospect

I know that Firefox uses the download location specified in Safari, for some reason i don't know. so change the download location in safari to where ever u want to download the temporary pdf files..
bhargav is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: