Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > iHardware Devices > iPod Info Center

Old 04-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
Yanhead
Prospect

setting view options for ALL playlists in iTunes?

Does anyone know if there is a way of setting the view options in iTunes so that ALL playlists show the same information? at the moment all my 70 playlists seem are showing different info and the only way I can see is to manually edit each one.

Thanks
Yanhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
solipsism
MVP

The reason why they are different is that the playlist columns are taken directly from your Music Library's columns at the time of creation.

I don't know how to do this outside of creating an Applescript to automate teh process, but by the time that got done you'd have finished adjusting the playlists manually.
solipsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
Yanhead
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism
The reason why they are different is that the playlist columns are taken directly from your Music Library's columns at the time of creation.

I don't know how to do this outside of creating an Applescript to automate teh process, but by the time that got done you'd have finished adjusting the playlists manually.

Well thats no good is it! it would be a better idea if it was like the Finder where you can apply it to 'every window', why would you want a different view for each playlist? anyway, </rant>

Thanks,

Another thing thats missing as well is the ability to be able to open the folder a specific mp3 is in, you can see the path when you do a get info but then have to find it manually also.

Last edited by Yanhead; 04-07-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Yanhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:15 AM   #4
lucabo
Prospect

Hello. This script
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/script...ateviewoptions

does what you want.

Best,

l.
lucabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: