Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #21
mrnugent
Prospect

I hear ya. I will look at doing what you suggest hear. I have a post out on digi board too. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted. NN
mrnugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #22
nlx

i experience problems too with iTunes 7.1.1 and my G5 (1,6ghz) and OS X 10.4.
9 : itunes crash on startup and even when i force quit, it stays on the dock till reboot. My system is a fresh install with nothing too special and no plugin in itunes… Everything works well but this.
nlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
cr8zy4rose
Prospect

Having the SAME problem, almost...

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I saw this thread and I'm in DIRE need of assistance! I have a Macintosh Powerbook G4 1 Ghz, 512 RAM, OS 10.4.9 with all current updates installed.

I was working on my iTunes Music Library when it froze solid. So, I had to restart the machine, since then (4 days ago) it will NOT boot into Mac OS 10! I've tried everything I can think of, including booting from my CD and going into my disk utility to see if it was a physical problem.. Here are some things that might help...

1. The Hard Drive is NOT mounted (and refuses to mount)
2. The drive is "journaled"
3. Cannot erase drive, won't let me do that either.
4. When I start in Verbose mode, it says things such as...
4a. "DigiIO has a funnel lock, Whoa Momma!!!
4b. Waiting for Digidesign Mbox 2 Configuration Service (does that for like 5 min.)
4c. Waiting for Apple File Service (another min.)
4d. Waiting for Apache Web Server (2 more min.)
5. Then it gets to where you THINK it will allow you to login but sits at blue screen with circle thing at the bottom for what seems like 10 min and does NOTHING afterwards... just sits there.

I JUST bought this computer on Ebay and I love it, I need this bad boy running again! Can anyone help me? This computer is like my only stress relief and gateway to my family and friends as I'm not near home anymore. Thanks for all of the help anyone can lend!!!

Also, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again, say I do get it back up and booting?

List of things I've tried...

1. Booting from CD.
2. Repair of HD (Came back "Hard Drive appears to be OK!")
3. Erase (error, wouldn't work)
4. Tried mounting HD like 10 times, no luck.
5. Tried Resetting the PRAM, didn't do anything.
6. Tried what I did the 1st time this happened... I waited like a day and tried it again and it booted right up with a quick PRAM reset... (That didn't work this time around)

Thanks again everyone. I love Macs, I'm trying to get a job with Apple. I'm just new to the Mac OS X world, I don't know Unix, but I know Mac OS 7.5 through OS 9.1 completely inside and out it seems.
cr8zy4rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #24
ThreeDee
Hall of Famer

Hi, not to be rude or anything, but I think you should start a new topic describing your problem. I'm not totally sure your problem is completely related to iTunes.

iPod Touch 5G, 32GB, iOS 6.1.3
ThreeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:18 AM   #25
cr8zy4rose
Prospect

Arrow

Ok, I'm sorry. I figured it might be considering it only happened BOTH times when I was using iTunes. I'll post it under "System", for anyone who wishes to help me. Sorry for the inconvienience.
cr8zy4rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: