Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2007, 02:45 AM   #1
danethevegan

Record Internal Audio

Hello,

My friend is trying to record her internal audio using Audacity, and neither of us are trying to figure it out. In Windows, I know you can set Audacity to record from the default sound device, but we've had no such luck in finding the same setting.

She'd like to record audio programs that stream.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advanced.
danethevegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
anika123
All Star

Will soundflower do what you want? http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14067 Or audio hijack?
anika123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
Skybolt
Triple-A Player

Or try Audio HiJack or Wire Tap Pro
Old 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
mpiria

Thumbs up

Hi, just take a two-male end audio jack and plug one end into the microphone jack and one in the audio out jack. You can't listen while it's recording, but you get it.
mpiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
Esmeralda
Prospect

On Windows, you could try to use Windows sound recorders or search for a audio stream recorder to record audio on desktop interally.
Esmeralda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:29 AM   #6
benwiggy
League Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmeralda
On Windows, you could try to use Windows sound recorders or search for a audio stream recorder to record audio on desktop interally.

Hmm. Not the first time you've linked to that Windows software on this forum. Spam much?

Back on topic, given all the clever things that CoreAudio can do, I have always wondered why it is isn't easily possible to record the audio output to disk. Presumably to avoid some kind of feedback loop. Software like AudioHijack or WireTap or Soundflower does the job, but I have found them a bit flakey, invasive and troublesome in the past, though I haven't used them for years.

I have an external FireWire audio box (Edirol FA-66), which has multiple inputs and outputs, and is connected to a Hi-Fi amp (and speakers). As a result of this hardware setup, my Mac's output on channel's 1 & 2 can be recorded as input on channels 3 & 4. Obviously, a little expensive and unnecessary for most applications. Essentially a glorified version of mpiria's wire from output to input.
benwiggy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: