Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
catalist

Strange problems with Pioneer DVR-110D..?

hi there , i am new to this board but it seems like a very helpful resource so maybe some of you out there can offer some type of assistance.

if it is useful to know, I have a Mac PowerPC G5 quad 2.5ghz running os x version 10.4.8 .

I started to burn an audio cd using Toast 6 the other night and i realized I left a track off the list that i wanted to include, but i had already pushed 'burn' . I pushed the abort button in Toast so I could create a new CD. The spinning rainbow wheel then came up and i wasn't able to close Toast without Force Quit. I then restarted and when i re-opened Toast it said there were no Cd or DVD drives recognized! I then restarted again and this time it saw the Pioneer DVR-110D drive as it always has. When i tried to burn however, it sees 'No Disc' even when a blank cd is inserted. It will not read the Mac OS X system disc either , or any kind of disc for that matter.

When i look in the hardware overview, this is what it lists for 'Disc Burning':

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D:

Firmware Revision: AA06
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2000 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: No

that all looks ok to me, but maybe it isn't?

any suggestions or help is extremely appreciated, as I have not located any solutions online anywhere.

thank you
catalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
trevor

Have you tried to burn from the Finder, or iTunes? Is it only Toast that has problems?

Have you tried creating a brand new user? Does that user have the same problems?

Trevor
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
kaplans4

Same problem

I can't help you with a solution, but I can tell you you're not alone. The same thing happened to me this weekend. I was burning with Toast, hit abort, and lost control of my cd/dvd burner.

I replaced my original cd burner with a cd/dvd burner last year. I found the original cd burner and re-installed that into my G4. It works perfectly. My next move is to try the cd/dvd burner again and see if it works now. I've read other posts where people have had the same problem and have ended up replacing their cd burner, which is what I'm afraid I will have to do. Probably you, too.

Clyde
kaplans4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
rdiiorio

Toast + Pioneer DVR-110

Is toast 6 compatible with Tiger?

When restarting your mac hold down the R+P+APPLE+CONTROL keys before the startup chime, hold till the box chimes twice and then release the keys.
rdiiorio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: