Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > System

Old 12-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
anadem
Triple-A Player

Stop DVD Player automatically opening DVDs?

My kids have come back from several years in Europe bringing a lot of DVDs they bought there. We also have US DVDs. So my PB (10.3.9) wants to change regions and will obviously run out of changes (4 only left!).

How do I stop DVD Player opening automatically, so my kids don't get to watch DVDs without my starting the app?

thanks
anadem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
anadem
Triple-A Player

How about DISABLING DVDs?

well that was stupid -- immediately after posting it the idea of Preferences dawned. Oops.

Is there a way to totally disable playing of DVDs, on a long-term but temporary basis (kids go later this year), apart from deleting the DVD Player app?
anadem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:22 AM   #3
benwiggy
League Commissioner

You could set up a user account for your kids that does not have admin privileges. You could then set the permissions on the DVD Player app (and anything else) so that they can't use it.

That gives you more control and avoids actually deleting software. Remember to lock down the System Preferences - and make sure they don't know your admin password!
benwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: