Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 10-31-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
Inukshuk
Prospect

Pictures show up in iPhoto, but not in their Library???

Since I installed iLife 06 and use iPhoto 6.0.5, my pictures no longer show up in the Library where they used to.Note: I always shoot in Raw.
Example: I have a photo date of 30/09/2006. I go to the 2006 folder, then 09, so far no problem,but the date 30 doesn't show up. Before when I did this I would get all my jpeg's, originals folder, and thumbs. Not anymore.Now there is a new seperate folder called originals with roll numbers showing all the raw pictures, no jpegs or dates. Not easy to work with. Is there a fix so I can get it the way it was before?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #2
Jay Carr
Hall of Famer

I hate to say it, but most likely not. iPhoto organizes the photo's it's own little way and doesn't like anyone disturbing it.

If you work with .raw a lot you might consider Aperature, I'm not super familiar with it, but it does some nice work with color balancing and clean up. I remember the organization being much better too...
Old 11-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Inukshuk
Prospect

I purchased Aperture 1.5, but it is sadly not compatible with my Dual G4
I then contacted Apples tech for iPhoto and he told me that it's information pane is no longer linked with the library. It now uses rolls instead which makes finding photos a lot slower than before when trying to open from another editor. He did show me a few other options, but still a hassle compared to before. He then asked me to send my comments to apples iPhoto Feedback page, which I did.
Here is a copy of it:
I was used to working with the previous version, which I preferred because of one aspect. When I was in iPhoto it gave me information on the left like Date etc.This enabled me to find photos easily and fast before because everything was cataloged using the date method. I could open another photo editor, then under file, open, HD, User, pictures, iPhoto Library, 2006, 09, 30 and get my picture. All this while iPhoto was as well open so I could see the information. Now the new directory and the info pane in iPhoto 06 aren't related anymore and I would really like to see that feature back again. It was a lot easier to find what I was looking for than the new use of rolls. If you can't or don't want to re-link this feature at least add the roll number in the information pane to help find our photos quicker. Right now it's a hassle to find in which roll a specific photo is in, then pick which version I want to open.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: