Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 10-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
angelmora

Question iTunes shows wrong language

Hello

I am having some problem with the iTunes language settings, all information for the iTunes Store is showing up in Japanese

My location and languages are set to English, and I could not find a setting or option in iTunes to change the language

Thank you for your help
angelmora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
DelRio
Prospect

mine is in spanish. But thats because my ISP is spanish, so by default, i am connected to the spanish store. but i really don't know where to change that preference. so it's a bit 1/2 of a answer.sorry
DelRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
angelmora

I know, my ISP is Mexican so I don't know where I get the japanese language from.

Weird
angelmora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #4
MaryFrances

Unhappy iTunes Store - German in the US!?!? HELP!

Same problem as others: downloaded iTunes upgrade this evening (Windows - Ver. 7.0.2, I believe): BINGO - the store is in German, prices in Euros, and I'm in Chicago, IL, USA, on a definitely US ISP (AT&T SBC Global.) I tried it 4 times, actually - carefully ensuring I had "ENGLISH (United States)" set for language. Nope - German language store.

How/who does one contact at Apple? I have no idea. This is SERIOUS. iTunes has been my lifeline for loads of good things.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you wish. Thank you for your help!

MaryFrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
jerry_t

Scroll down...

Go to the iTunes Music Store and scroll down to the bottom of the page. If German, there should be a pull-down menu labeled: "Wählen Sie ein Land" and the pull-down menu should read: "Deutschland". Next to the pull-down menu there should be a German flag. Click on the flag. It should bring you to a page with a lot of flags. Click on the United States flag and it will bring you to the US store. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and make sure it says that you are in the US store. Change to your language where necessary.
jerry_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:38 AM   #6
poppyseed0054
Prospect

I went to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ to download v7.0.2 and I am having the same problem with it displaying half English, half Japanese (including yen prices). On the menu which I select STORE/CREATE ACCOUNT, up comes the user conditions all in Japanese (zero english).
I tried redownloading the program and even repairing it, but nothing works.

Also, Jerry, there is is no drop down menus or language pages (no flags) that I can see anywhere.

--
Perplexed
poppyseed0054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #7
trevor

poppyseed0054, perhaps the attached picture will help you out. It is at the bottom of the iTunes Music Store window.

Trevor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iTunesMusStrCountrySelector.jpg
Views:	2950
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1615  
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
poppyseed0054
Prospect

Thumbs up

Thank you so Much! That actually worked!!!
To tell you the truth, I gave up for a while there (hense the tardy reply) and only stumbled back onto your old reply. Something so simple and I couldn't see it for all the weird characters.

Thanks again!!
poppyseed0054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
craigrs

Talking wow!

That was an easy fix. I read in my searches that someone probably hacked my account. but that was not the case. thanks.
craigrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: