Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > Working with OS X > OS X Developer

Old 09-04-2006, 02:30 AM   #1
simX
Triple-A Player

xmlrpc Authentication

If there's anyone out there with xmlrpc web programming experience: I have a question.

When trying to call some xmlrpc methods in a certain application, I have to authenticate to do anything first. The problem is that even after I authenticate, subsequent calls still say that they can't find the existing session and that I need to reauthenticate. The specific error message is "org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Session not found. Re-authenticate" when trying to call any other method other than the authentication method.

My question is -- is there a special way I need to call the other methods to let them know that I've authenticated already. Do I need to store the result from the authentication call and pass it to all subsequent calls or something? Or does this depend on the specific xmlrpc application?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please note that I am trying to make an xmlrpc client that uses AppleScript or Cocoa. A solution using either one of these languages would be necessary. I am getting the same problem with both of them, though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: