Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > iHardware Devices > iPod Info Center

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
whoismanny

I had this problem every since going over 500 songs.
I would update my ipod from my library in itunes. Then when i would look for the song in my ipod it wouldnt be there. The only way i could find it is if i shuffle the songs or directly go to the browser under songs. If i go through album, artist, or genre, it wont show up. I made sure i spelled everything correctly and still no luck.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
dfielder

Hey I'm having the exact same issue , while you posted this almost a year ago I'm hoping that I'll get a reply from somebody. I have around 4,000 songs now and my ipod is doing the same stuff , if I put it on shuffle or manually search for the songs by name they come up but not under the artist.

Anyone have a fix for this? I have the latest version of itunes as of today (May 4th , 2007) and I'm still getting this issue. I love my ipod but this is annoying!

Thanks for your help!

darvidf@gmail.com , if you can help me thanks again!
dfielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
Jay Carr
Hall of Famer

Do you have the latest firmware update for your iPod as well?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
milliebites

The same exact thing is happening to me

I've tried researching it, but apparently, not that many people encounter this problem.

What's firmware? Have you figured out a solution for it yet?
milliebites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:39 AM   #5
Slyone
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebites
What's firmware?

Firmware is the iPod's software it uses to function.

My iPod firmware is fully updated, and I am having the EXACTLY same problem. Any fix ideas?
Slyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
EatsWithFingers
All Star

Quote:
... if I put it on shuffle or manually search for the songs by name they come up but not under the artist.

If you have the "Compilations" option set to on, then artists who only have songs appearing on compilations will not appear through the artist sub-menu.

This mirrors the behaviour in iTunes itself, which places a "Compilations" entry in the artist part of the song browser if the "Group compilations when browsing" option is checked.

If non-compilation songs are still causing the same issue (after you've double-checked that the album does not have 'compilation' option checked) then I'm stumped...
Old 07-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
Slyone
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatsWithFingers
If non-compilation songs are still causing the same issue (after you've double-checked that the album does not have 'compilation' option checked) then I'm stumped...

None of the songs (/albums) have the compilation option checked on mine, so... dead end again.
Slyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #8
maximedelo

hello, I have the same problem. does anyone found how to get rid of that problem??

Once again

For example, when I go to Music-genres-Rock-U2, there is only one song in the list (where the streets have no name) and In my itunes i have like 20. But when I go in Music-Songs, all U2 Songs are there and YES they are ALL under Rock Genre and U2 is written the same way for all my U2 Songs... Then I found out something. If I delete the song '' where the streets have no name'' in itunes, then all the other songs appear in my Ipod when I resync. I have the same problem for 10 or 11 artists...

Anyone knows the answer???

Thanks
maximedelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
philipoc

Does anybody have a solution for this problem. I'm experiencing the same problem.
I have so many albums and artists listed on my ITUNES on the pc, but not actually listed on the Ipod itself.
Thanks in advance, anybody....
philipoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Floozle

hey have any of you guys tried resetting you ipod?

sometimes my artwork gets scrwed up an nothing works so i just reset it and it boots up fine.
just hold the menu and middle buttons

hope it works
Old 05-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
nakedbuddha

I have the same problem and I have tried all of the suggestions here and nothing will work except for removing the 'album name' from the songs that are "blocking" the rest of the songs from showing up, or adding album names to the missing songs. It seems that if the first song by the artist has an album name entered and the rest do not, then the rest do not show up. I also noticed - so far - that the songs that are causing the problem are not MP3s, but rather M4P or M4A.

Like what maximedelo said, I noticed deleting the only songs from iTunes that show up on the iPod allow the other songs to appear. That's what led me to experiment. This seems like a major design flaw and a real pain as I don't even know what songs are not appearing in my iPod unless I manually check each artist.
nakedbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
Gewehr43

I wanted to tag this thread,

I'm having the exact same problem where I put a new song on my Itunes and then when I go to play that song on my Ipod it will be the only song listed for that artist.

Like the song has deleted all the other songs for that artist, but I can still find those songs on the ipod if I don't play it from Artists but from Songs.

Also I have problems where the song will not even show up on the Ipod...
Gewehr43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
MusicGirl369

Problem Fixed

i had this problem too, one day i just noticed that it said i had 350 songs when i should have had about 1000

i figured it out though! i plugged my ipod in and went to it under devices. then i clicked on music and checked "all songs and playlists" then it sycned them all. i hope this helps!
MusicGirl369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 AM   #14
daily501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr43
I wanted to tag this thread,

I'm having the exact same problem where I put a new song on my Itunes and then when I go to play that song on my Ipod it will be the only song listed for that artist.

Like the song has deleted all the other songs for that artist, but I can still find those songs on the ipod if I don't play it from Artists but from Songs.

Also I have problems where the song will not even show up on the Ipod...

First time i've ever done this, but try goin to 'get info' of a song that won't show up on your ipod, then click 'info' tab, check the box that says 'part of a compilation' if it's ticked then untick it. Do this too all the songs by the that artist and then sync ipod, should help.
daily501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #15
MenisPuncher

Fixed

I had been having the same problem hence i googled it. When I was looking at the song info I noticed that if iI had 3 or so songs by and artist if only one had a "Track Number" then that would be the only song out of the three that would show. All you nned to do is remove that number and it shows up perfectly. An easier way to do this is to click on the top right hand corner ofof where your songs are diplayed (the box next to "Year") and it will show the songs with track numbers you dont have to click on the get info for each song.
Hope this works
Old 03-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
Ryan Felton

I had the same problem; here's how I fixed it:

- Highlight all your songs
- Right click and select GET INFO
- Confirm YES that you want to edit Info for multiple songs
- Put a tick mark in the following boxes: Album Artist, Album, Track Number (this is 2 tick marks), Disc Number (this is also two tick marks), Composer, and Comments
- Then hit OK

This will strip out the info that's preventing your iPod from update correctly. ONE NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU PUT A TICK MARK IN THE ALBUM ARTIST BOX AND N-O-T IN THE ARTIST BOX... :-)

I just did this and it updated 8,836 songs for me just fine. Good luck...
Old 03-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #17
jauhari
Prospect

Does this problem show up in all iPod models?
jauhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 AM   #18
Nykki
Prospect

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Felton
I had the same problem; here's how I fixed it:

- Highlight all your songs
- Right click and select GET INFO
- Confirm YES that you want to edit Info for multiple songs
- Put a tick mark in the following boxes: Album Artist, Album, Track Number (this is 2 tick marks), Disc Number (this is also two tick marks), Composer, and Comments
- Then hit OK

This will strip out the info that's preventing your iPod from update correctly. ONE NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU PUT A TICK MARK IN THE ALBUM ARTIST BOX AND N-O-T IN THE ARTIST BOX... :-)

I just did this and it updated 8,836 songs for me just fine. Good luck...

OK. Well I tried this little trick and it messed my entire Ipod up. I did the whole select all thing and it ERASED all the artists names. Now when I unplug my Ipod there is NOTHING listed under artists. Not even what was already there, No artists and no albums. I have 4 gig worth of music and now it looks like i am going to have to go one by one and put back the information. Some of the information I can't remember. I did EVERYTHING listed above and now everything is wrong.
Nykki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 PM   #19
Des

A Partial Answer....

This is a two-part problem. First, if there are album names on some of an artists songs, but not others, the iPod can not list the artist under the "Artist" search. It also could manifest as showing some, but not all of the songs. The only fix I've found is deleting all album titles.

The second problem is found under "Info" on the individual track. If you select "Get Info", then the "Info" tab, at the bottom you'll see a check box for "Part of a compilation." If this is checked, you could have some songs not appear under an artist or even the artist himself not appear in the Artist search. This fix is easier. Just select all tracks on your iTunes, choose Get Info, then Options. Check the "Part of a compilation" box and make sure it's at "No." Then enter, which will make that setting consistent for all of your songs.

If both of these is done, it'll eliminate the problem. There is probably a better way, but I can't find what it is.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #20
goofyfoot360
Prospect

I have read all the threads above as I was having the very same problems. I have resolved my problem by doing an iPod reset in iTunes with latest version and updated firmware. I then synced iPod, went to Artists and unchecked "Compilations". It worked for me.
goofyfoot360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: