Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 02-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
dreamcat
Prospect

flash update security incident?

Hi
I logged into my gmail account today and one of those small message boxes, sorta like the drop-down box for logging into your router, came up and asked me if i wanted to download the latest flash player. This is only 2-3 days after it was last updated. The thing that caught my attention was that it was just a safari message box NOT the normal flash update(gray and red etc). Also i could not proceed with my gmail until this notification had been answered so i just did force quit. I just did:
Code:
$ netstat -a| less
and no funny connections are listed. thankx for any reassurance or advice. I know to run tripwire. I know ssl is a botch too. I just wandered if there was some funny setting or browser interaction that might have caused this? Or if it's just the way the new notifications look?
I'm not expecting you to research this for me, just thought you might already know!
Thankx

Last edited by dreamcat; 02-08-2013 at 02:40 PM.
dreamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
anthlover
Hall of Famer

There was a new release today.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/02/07/adobe-...tacks-on-os-x/
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: