Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
acme
MVP

Mail app not showing attachments

this is a weird one (to me).

I have 2 macs, both running Lion 10.7.4

Over the last few days, the few mails I've gotten with attachments, the attachments appear on one computer's Mail.app, but not on the other's!

My mail is IMAP. I see the email, even the paperclip on the "problem" computer, but the attachment isn't shown in the email it's attached to. I don't get that "Save/Quickview" thing you see on the right of an attachment-bearing email.

Any thoughts what could be causing this, the latest in my weird problems with OS X?

;-)

thank you!

a
acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
anthlover
Hall of Famer

Did you add the attachments Column (View, make sure attachments is checked). The not displaying the actual attachment part is odd.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
acme
MVP

yes, attachments is selected.

I don't get why, if one Mac shows the attachment with the mail, another mac viewing the exact same mail won't show that attachment. Again, my mail is IMAP.

a
acme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
NaOH
Hall of Famer

I've twice seen something similar of late (perhaps since 10.7.4 came out, I'm not certain). The attachment header column indicated attachments, but there was nothing showing in the messages. In my case that would be image icons since I have embedded images disabled. Both times this occurred I didn't have time to investigate this and simply grabbed my iPad to properly view the messages.

There are two things I'll note for the record. One is that my email is a personal domain run through Gmail. I have no idea if that's related. The other is that I believe I remember which was one of those messages, and when I look at it now in the Mail Trash the issue is not present. That makes me wonder if rebuilding the Inbox next time this occurs will help.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
anthlover
Hall of Famer

Agree that mailbox rebuild is one option. As it is Imap mail the other option is to delete the account from the machine in question and add it back.

Yet another option is do a test. Make a new user. Add the mail account in question to that user and see if it happens there.

Strange in deed.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
gaelg

hi,

Anyone figger this out yet? I have one site from my work, that I make and send flyers on properties from and they show up as a blank page on my email. It shows up fine on my ipad and Iphone but not in Mac mail. I need it in Mac Mail due to not being able to send to a particular group from Ipad or Iphone thru my contact list. Any help would be appreciated!
gaelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Turns out this is a bug in Mail under 10.7 and 10.8. There is a workaround that's been found for this issue.

http://www.betalogue.com/2012/11/13/...attachmentsfix
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: