Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > System

Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
NaOH
Hall of Famer

EasyFind is different in that it performs its own search every time you use it (unlike Spotlight and Alfred which share an index that's at the ready). I'm at a loss for other things to try beyond visiting an Apple Store if there's one near you or reinstalling Lion. Since you said earlier that Spotlight doesn't exhibit this issue in another user account, the issue appears to be connected to your account, but I can't think of anything else to consider.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #42
steveadd
Prospect

Thanks for taking it as far as you could. I'll do that and let you know if it was resolved. Might be a week or two before I can.
steveadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #43
steveadd
Prospect

Is Lion Recovery an option?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/recovery/
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #44
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Just in case... You said earlier that you had a second user account in which Spotlight seemed to perform correctly. Was that tested recently? Was it a Guest account created using the built-in system for that or a genuinely separate user account? I ask simply because I'm uncertain from how you wrote it. If it was an OS X-created Guest account, I would try making a second account to see how Spotlight works there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveadd
Is Lion Recovery an option?

It's an option in that it's what you'd use to re-install Lion (there's an Apple support document with the details). You could also use it for accessing Disk Utility to attempt a Repair Disk and/or Repair Disk Permissions. I doubt they would make any difference, though there's no harm in taking those steps.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #45
steveadd
Prospect

The second account was an admin account. Not much in it but it was able to search for documents and folders at the same time. Altho not sure what would happen if there were many docs and folders.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #46
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Since you reference that account in the past tense, it sounds like it's no longer there. If that's the case, you may want to create another account to see if the issue carries over.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #47
steveadd
Prospect

Apologies re confusion. It's still there, but I will create another one and let you know later today. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: