Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 03-03-2002, 10:19 PM   #1
Lefty
Prospect

Reinstall Mail.app

I think I need to reinstall Mail.app but I have no idea how to do it (other than reinstalling the entire OS which I do not want to do).

The problem started when I decided to clean up my Applications folder after the 10.1.3 install. I had placed my Mail.app in a folder inside the Applications folder. Apparently the installer did not realize that the app had moved and installed the update files in a separate Mail folder which it created. Well, I wanted to clean things up so that future installers do not have a problem. I overwrote the package contents that the installer would have replaced. That was a bad idea because now I cannot open Mail.

I've looked for the app in the 10.0 and 10.1 update CD's with no luck. I tried to reinstall the 10.1.3 update with no luck.

Opening Mail from the terminal, I get the following message:

/Applications/Mail.app/Contents/MacOS/Mail
2002-03-03 17:29:23.834 Mail[328] *** Failed to load ActivityPanel.nib
2002-03-03 17:29:23.896 Mail[328] Unable to load nib file: MailViewer, exiting

I guess this file got deleted, a search did not find it on my computer.

Any ideas on a fix? Could someone make that file availible so I could try to put it back to fix the problem?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 12:27 AM   #2
xchanyazy
All Star

Sounds like a case for Pacifist. I don't have a X install disk handy other than the public beta, where the package that I believe mail is in is located at /Volumes/Mac OS X Install CD/System/Installation/Packages/Essentials.pkg.

HTH
xchanyazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 08:02 AM   #3
Lefty
Prospect

Thanks

OK, that program rocks. I wish I could have found it sooner. Guess I was looking for love in all the wrong places.

Problem solved.

Thanks.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: