Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
sox
Major Leaguer

forcing a reload in chrome

Chrome keeps reloading a stale page from it's cache. I can load the fresh one on my other machine in chrome and also on the same machine in other browsers.

I know that chrome has a "force reload" command (shift-command-R) however in this case that won't work.

The problem is that page I want to go to was re-directing to another page (a 404 page to be precise). When I force reload on that page I was redirected to it indeed reloads that page. But that is the page I was redirected to!! not the original page I wanted to go to.

that is I want to got to

foo.com/index.html

and I was redirected to

foo.com/page_under_construction.html

This is arose because I'm building the website. So the first time the re-direction was the correct behaviour. But after that the right page existed. But chrome can't get there. I can't get the redirect out of the cache.

Now I could clear the cache but that's a drastic move and one i'll have to do repeatedly every time I have this situation on the website i'm building.

What I need is a way to tell Chrome to open a URL without using the cache.
sox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: