Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > iHardware Devices > iPhone Info Center

Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
student13
Major Leaguer

moving videos and music off an iphone (downloading from iphone to computer).

Hi there, I am wondering whether downloading movies, video music OFF your iphone and ON to your computer carries the same restrictions as na ipod basically you cannot drag and drop anything form your iphone to your computer correct?
I will assume the answer is a yes, and that senuti or ipod.itunes or some other third party has to com into play?

Even thoguh iphone sync my contact to my computer easily without google/gmail interference, I am thinking that perhaps, apple and their controlling ways have gone too far. ****, no video on an iphone what were they thinking, either that or face android, lack of clean interface and export vcards yourself.

Last edited by student13; 09-27-2011 at 02:34 AM.
student13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by student13
Hi there, I am wondering whether downloading movies, video music OFF your iphone and ON to your computer carries the same restrictions as na ipod basically you cannot drag and drop anything form your iphone to your computer correct?

Correct.

Quote:
I will assume the answer is a yes, and that senuti or ipod.itunes or some other third party has to com into play?

Correct. And you presumably knew this from your other recent post.

Quote:
Even thoguh iphone sync my contact to my computer easily without google/gmail interference, I am thinking that perhaps, apple and their controlling ways have gone too far. ****, no video on an iphone what were they thinking, either that or face android, lack of clean interface and export vcards yourself.

Apple is only able to provide users the ability to use content in ways that the rights holders allow. Whether music or video content, the rights holders are concerned with users being able to share content. Apple has no choice but to adhere to this. It's much like how YouTube removes copyrighted content or how Hulu (just like sports leagues) uses protected streams.
NaOH is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: