Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Old 06-01-2003, 12:40 AM   #1
videobored
Prospect

System volume adjustment via non-Apple keyboard?

Hello all. I have a Macally iKey keyboard that I use with my older G4. At work however, I use a newer G4 with a new Apple keyboard. I've grown quite attached to the volume adjustment keys. Has anyone had any luck with figuring out a way to adjust the system volume with some sort of macros or something on a non-Apple keyboard?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
VB
videobored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
mpdtwo
Prospect

If you're using OS X, you can always place the Volume menu extra in the menubar and control it that way. Go to Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Sound (in the Hardware section of the Prefs) and select Show volume in menu bar at the bottom of the Sound pane.
mpdtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
dmmorse
Triple-A Player

Try PTHVolume. I've been using this program to replace Apple's volume menu for some time. It has the added feature that you can assign keyboard shortcuts for volume up, volume down and mute. Best of all, it's FREE!
dmmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 05:48 PM   #4
videobored
Prospect

Wow! PTVolume is perfect! Thanks!

Thanks so much for the recommendation. This is EXACTLY what I was lookin for, but couldn't find it. Works like a champ!

Peace be with you.
-vb
videobored is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: