Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
aikigreg
Prospect

MS Word print preferences

I have MS word 2008 for my new mac and I'd like to change the printing defaults. For example, I'd like my printing to always be black and white. I can change the option at the time of printing, but I cannot find a way to set printing in B&W as the permanent default, either in the system preferences menu or the ms word preferences.

What am I overlooking?

Also, is there any way to enlarge the screen? With my bad eyesight I have to magnify to 150% and then I cannot see the entire text.

Thanks,
Greg
aikigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikigreg
I have MS word 2008 for my new mac and I'd like to change the printing defaults. For example, I'd like my printing to always be black and white. I can change the option at the time of printing, but I cannot find a way to set printing in B&W as the permanent default, either in the system preferences menu or the ms word preferences.

I don't believe there's a perfect solution, but here's what you can do which will be better. Open the Print dialog box and set everything the way you'd like it. Once that's done, use the Preset pup-up menu to select Save As. Give this set of print settings a name.

In the future, you'll only need to select this rather than jump through all the other menus as you've been doing. If there's a way to set your new print settings as the default, I don't know of it, but maybe someone else who knows of a way will chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikigreg
Also, is there any way to enlarge the screen? With my bad eyesight I have to magnify to 150% and then I cannot see the entire text.

On a certain level, what you're asking for here is contradictory. You're essentially saying you'd like text on the screen to be bigger without taking up more space. Your best bet would be to open System Preferences, select Displays, then try a lower resolution. These can lead to some warped perspectives and will affect everything, not just Word, so you may not like this. Give it a try, though, and maybe you'll find a lower resolution you find workable.
NaOH is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: