Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > Working with OS X > OS Xperiences

Old 02-20-2002, 10:15 PM   #1
patrickg
Prospect

OS X Update Installation Issues

I have been using OS X on my G4 T-Book for months now and love it. About 3 weeks ago I took the plunge and installed on my DP-500 Mhz G4. I installed all of the OS updates, etc. and things were great. I then installed a Pioneer DVD burner along with iDVD 2.0. After a few memory issues I was finally able to burn a DVD. Life was good.

Since then though I have had problems trying to install software updates. I can successfully install some OS updates and software but I have not been able to install the latest OS X update or the iDVD 2.05 update. When I check my console logs I get the following message:

InstallationCheck failed.

The installer quits and then nothing more. Needless to say this is terribly frustrating. Has anyone else run into this problem? I would love to get information on other experiences and any suggestions to fix the problem. I would like to avoid a format and re-install scenario if at all possible.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick
patrickg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: