Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 01-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
delusionz
Prospect

iTunes will not import/play mp3 files

I recently downloaded mp3 files from the internet and tried to import and play them in iTunes, but the program does nothing.
I have looked through my iTunes library for the files (even checked the bottom of my library to see if they were dumped
there because they lacked title/artist names) and they are not visible. I have a smart playlist for recently added tracks
and they do not show up in that playlist either. iTunes has no response whatsoever, not even an error message.

Looking at the files in Finder, the file names all end with the extension .mp3 and play perfectly in Quicktime without any errors.
I right-moused each file and clicked Get Info and saw that they are all MPEG Layer 3 audio and should work fine with iTunes,
but no matter how I try to import them, it all comes out the same. I've done everything I can think of in terms of importing.

I've tried viewing them in Finder, right-mousing, and asking to open the file in iTunes. I've tried highlighting, clicking, and
dragging the files into the iTunes library. I've tried adding them directly to my library via the iTunes drop-down menu. Nothing.

I run the latest version of OSX on a 2008 MacBook Pro. I also run the latest version of iTunes and have every software update Mac
currently offers. Please let me know if there is anything I'm overlooking or if you know of a solution. I haven't found one on the net.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

~ Cera
delusionz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import, itunes, mp3, play, quicktime

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: