Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Old 11-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
jeffmart
Prospect

Inverter replacement in IMac G4 17" flat panel

Hey...Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to replace the inverter in my monitor but am having trouble getting it apart. Has anyone taken apart their flat panel monitors before? Any clues for me?
Thanks!
jeffmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

Yep, many times. The iMac G4 display is quite challenging. You remove the tiny screws along the bottom edge of the display, The system should be on some kind of support, laid back so the display module is supported facing up. The entire display bezel then slides up (toward the top of the display if it were sitting upright). It takes firm pressure for that to move. I usually grab the clear edges, and give pressure until it does move. There's some tabs inside that will slide to a position where it will then release. You have to slide that display bezel about a half-inch, or a centimeter, and you should be able to lift the display out of the case. There's not much clearance behind the display panel, until you release some of the wiring connectors.
That's some clues - hope it helps you....
I think that reassembly is harder than taking it apart, as it's difficult to get everything lined back up to get those little screws back in...
hey - Good luck!
DeltaMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: