Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > General Discussion > The Coat Room



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #1
unix7777
Triple-A Player
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 131
Adult games for mac???

probably it's not the right place to ask this, but i'm sure that you can help me:

does anybody know adult(erotic, porno) games for mac os?
Thanks in advance!
unix7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Trash-metal
Prospect
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2
oO Man, just meet the girl..
Trash-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
tlarkin
League Commissioner
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,352
Uh....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adult+video+games+for+OS+X
__________________
sudo make me a sammich
tlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
anika123
All Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
http://lmgtfy.com/

That link rocks. Funny too.
anika123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
benwiggy
League Commissioner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,822
What's an adult computer game, anyway?
Virtual bra unfastening...? Space Invaders with rude shapes?

I dislike the use of the term "adult" to mean "sexual".
Winnie the Pooh is a "childrens book"; but Spinoza is definitely for adults. Doesn't mean it's filth, though.
benwiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
Marlboro Man
Triple-A Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 199
^^ Totally bookmarked! Nice one.
__________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
Marlboro Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
trevor
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Boulder, CO USA
Posts: 19,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlarkin
Uh....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adult+video+games+for+OS+X

This thread is currently (as I write this) the first hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwiggy
Winnie the Pooh is a "childrens book"; but Spinoza is definitely for adults. Doesn't mean it's filth, though.

Off-topic, but I consider Winnie the Pooh to be suitable for adults as well as children. If you'd like you can read about the philosophy of Pooh (and Piglet).

Trevor
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
tlarkin
League Commissioner
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,352
Man I am sorry I just drove anyone looking for an "adult game" from google to here....

That kind of backfired, and well, maybe gives me an idea for web marketing......<evil grin>
__________________
sudo make me a sammich
tlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #9
unix7777
Triple-A Player
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 131
i don't know

i dont't know why you waste your time and mine to put some "smart" links to google....???

The reason why i put my request here is because i tried to find erotic games for mac in google and another search engines but it results hard to find.

If somebody played some, simply can share the name, link, experience...
if not, to pass away
unix7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
tw
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,262
I am sorely tempted to start a long philosophical/psychological ramble about the relationship between computers and pornography, which is a lot deeper than you might think - computers (and the internet in particular) are designed to be voyeuristic, and thus are easily and naturally adaptable to things like pornography, cyber-stalking, government surveillance, and etc.

but I'll refrain.
__________________
Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language. -LW-
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #11
detorn
Triple-A Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 82
@tw start that thread, love to have the conversation.

@everyone else - really shocked how glib everyone is being. Like we don't all brag about how the 'macs don't have viruses." We all know the number one source of viruses. so c'mon, we know what we're bragging about, consequence free porn.

@unix7777 sorry bro I have no answer for you, but felt I needed to weigh in.
__________________
MacBook 2.16 Core 2 Duo
4GB, 110GB HD, OS X 10.5.8
detorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
tlarkin
League Commissioner
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 11,352
unix777

I was just being a smart ass is all....

To my knowledge most of these things are done on line these days. They even have browser based 'adult' MMOs where you can play the game with others on line. I personally prefer the drive tanks and blow stuff up and shoot terrorist on line games, but I have seen those types of games out there.

I couldn't recommend one or tell you where to go as I don't know, but I am sure if you google adult MMOs you will find what you want.
__________________
sudo make me a sammich
tlarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #13
tw
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,262
@tlarkin: Dude! Make love, not war!

@detorn: At the risk of hijacking the thread and getting it moved over to the Coat Room, here's a start...

If you go back into the early history of computers, they were viewed almost exclusively as control devices. Think back to the 50s images of computers and robots: they would run your household, run factories, run complex systems, all with minimal human intervention. The reason the 50s had those kinds of fantasies about computers was that computers had two major appealing qualities. For one, they lacked troublesome human irregularities. Computers would never get drunk and show up late for work; computers would not mind cleaning out stuck toilets; computers would not get bored and resentful if they had to get up and make breakfast every day. In a lot of ways computers were the 50s dream of maintaining a class-based society in which no actual humans were in the lower classes; think about the robot maid (Rosie) on the Jetsons. The other appealing quality of computers was that they stored large amounts of information objectively, without the censoring and filtering that goes on when humans store information. For this reason computers were a huge hit with bureaucracies everywhere (from corporate and financial organizations to government entities) because they could watch and keep track of every penny and every tiny irregularity that might occur anywhere, without worrying about whether it was important, significant, or worthy of human attention.

So, the original vision of computers was that they were designed to surveil and control. Not in a bad way, mind you, but for any task that required a steady unblinking eye, a rational dispassionate hand, and an absence of human sentiments, computers were perfect.

There have been two significant changes in the nature of computers since that time. For one, computers stopped being passive data storage and processing devices and started being active data acquisition devices. Particularly with the creation of the internet, computers started to be used to reach out and find information about people and things. But they did it in classic surveillance style: computers gather data without the knowledge or consent of the people or things being sought, and do it quickly, efficiently, and without regard for the nature of the information being gathered. For the other, computers shifted from being functional control devices to being entertainment devices. Blame Pong or Zorg, maybe, but these days the primary use of computers (all things considered) is to relieve boredom. But again, the limitations of computers color the kind of entertainment they can provide. Computers have no human sentiments, so they can't be engaging opponents, and computers (because they are surveillance systems) lend themselves to anonymity. Part of the healthy rivalry between football team is the fact that players on each side know and respect the players on the other side; beating the other team is an accomplishment because you know the other team is good, and that makes you better. Computer opponents, by contrast, are dumb, meaningless cyphers, and even human opponents on a computer are anonymous disposable entities. You can outwit them, overpower them, degrade them, destroy them, or whatever, because they're not really *real* in the way most people mean real. So computer games tend to be logic games or violence games (the first where the computer sets you a puzzle and you solve it, the second where the computer sets up a mechanistic system, and you have to manipulate the rules of the system to obliterate computer or human opponents).

Mix all this with some basic human insecurities, and you get some pretty ugly results. The pathological response to insecurity is to try to gain more knowledge and to exercise more control over the thing one is insecure about (pathological because - honestly - no amount of knowledge or control will ever relieve those insecurities; the cure for insecurity lies in giving up the need for knowledge and control). Computers, as noted, are tremendously powerful tools for just exactly that pathological purpose. Thus, if you're insecure about sex, the computer can provide you with images or games or sites where you have access to whatever you want to see, complete control over the behavior of semi-robotic others, or worse (think of the recent debacle with Erin Andrews). If you're insecure about romance, the computer can offer you sites which seek out people you would never meet, investigate whether or not they are 'reputable' people, and let you check them out first so you have control over whether you want to talk with them. If you're insecure about terrorists, the computer can reach out to collect and analyze gobs of seemingly unrelated private information (in a way that would put your average paranoid schizophrenic to shame) to locate everyone who might be a terrorist, so that they can all be watched and controlled.

I can't quite imagine how this could be different without some major and drastic changes to the infrastructure and conceptualization of computing (or maybe some serious efforts at relieving human insecurities). Computers were designed from the get-go to be faceless, mechanistic process controllers, and so they tend to reduce everything they encounter to faceless, mechanistic processes. However, computers are now a major medium of human interaction, and human interaction that is faceless and mechanistic is often (I'd say almost by definition) perverse, invasive, and abusive. It's a problem.
__________________
Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language. -LW-
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
trevor
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Boulder, CO USA
Posts: 19,839
[Moved to Coat Room]

Trevor


P.S. Not your fault, tw, this should have been a Coat Room thread for awhile now.
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #15
aehurst
MVP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sherwood, Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
....... Computers were designed from the get-go to be faceless, mechanistic process controllers, and so they tend to reduce everything they encounter to faceless, mechanistic processes. However, computers are now a major medium of human interaction, and human interaction that is faceless and mechanistic is often (I'd say almost by definition) perverse, invasive, and abusive......

My iMac is insulted, and insists it is much more than a perverse, invasive and abusive machine (when treated well). And it does have a unique personality.
__________________
iMac, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB
aehurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
Jay Carr
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Springfield, MO, USA
Posts: 3,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by aehurst
My iMac is insulted, and insists it is much more than a perverse, invasive and abusive machine (when treated well). And it does have a unique personality.

It's odd, but somehow that reminds me of something I was told once: "The only reason people have personalities is because we're all imperfect in different ways."

Usually when we refer to a computer or car as having "personality" it's because it doesn't perform in the way that it was designed to. At least that's what I mean. I think it's simplistic to put people in the same terms (especially since you automatically infer that there's a such thing as 'perfect' regarding humans), but it's interesting to think about.
__________________
~
Long ago I was called Zalister, keep that in mind when reading responses to my old posts.
Jay Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 AM   #17
Woodsman
Major Leaguer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
In a lot of ways computers were the 50s dream of maintaining a class-based society in which no actual humans were in the lower classes; think about the robot maid (Rosie) on the Jetsons.

Spot on. Although the "robot" by that name was invented by a Czech as a satire on capitalism, and the mechanical man has antecedents back through the golem and Bacon to Hellenistic times, the fact that the domestic robot is almost exclusively an American ST trope suggests that the emotional roots may lie in the Peculiar Institution. Stories in which the husband is worried that the house robot might schtup his wife can, I would suggest, only be read in this light......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
So computer games tend to be logic games or violence games (the first where the computer sets you a puzzle and you solve it, the second where the computer sets up a mechanistic system, and you have to manipulate the rules of the system to obliterate computer or human opponents).

I only play historical-type strategy, and I would suggest that something like Europa Universalis and its family offer pleasures other than (additional to) those of logic and violence, even though the underlying engine is precisely as you say. The EU family does historical modelling, the most scholarly in the computer games world, and is rather abstract in its interface -- quite a long way from the shooter game, or even from Civ4 (where they have put way too much effort into the combat graphics).
__________________
www.hugogrinebiter.com
Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #18
kel101
MVP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,906
simple answer no...

lol..how i know that..well errr >.> felix told me?

why the need for adult games? if i may ask..
on second thoughts ima let the grown ups handle this thread
__________________
27" imac 3.4ghz i7
16gb Ram
1TB HD
GTX680 Mx

imac core duo 1.83ghz: OS X 10.6.8,
2gb ram, 1Tb internal
kel101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #19
Jasen
Major Leaguer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 321
Here's what I did....
Fallout 3.

Download the user-created mods that remove the underwear from the character models (there's several of them, with varying degrees of detail, body hair, and tattoos), and taadaa! Instant, naked post-apocalyptic babes shooting guns.

As far as actual porno games... I don't know of any. I barely have enough time for real porn as it is.
Jasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #20
Felix_MC
All Star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel101
simple answer no...

lol..how i know that..well errr >.> felix told me?

why the need for adult games? if i may ask..
on second thoughts ima let the grown ups handle this thread

wait what
i haven't talked to you in weeks
i dont even kno what the question is xD
__________________
FelixMC.com
MileaLabs
Twitter
Forrst
Felix_MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site design © IDG Consumer & SMB; individuals retain copyright of their postings
but consent to the possible use of their material in other areas of IDG Consumer & SMB.