Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
marcnyc
All Star

how to play Netflix on-demand movie full screen on second screen?

Hello, I have a laptop with an external display. I would like to watch on-demand streamed Netflix movies (which are shown in the browser) on my external display while working on my laptop's display.
It seems that every time you click anywhere else outside the browser that is playing the movie it goes out of full screen mode, even if I use a different browser than the one used to stream the movie. Is there any way around this?
marcnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
CosmicMindset

I haven't tried this, but open the browser with applescript targeting the second screen.
CosmicMindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
appleman_design
Hall of Famer

drag the player screen to the second display, it should restart up there the next time you bring up the player.
appleman_design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
marcnyc
All Star

not sure what opening the browser with applescript means and as far as dragging the browser, I did that but it always exists full screen when I do anything else at all
Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
bloodge1

*FIXED* Play Netflix in Full Screen on Dual Monitor *FIXED*

Hi All. There is a fix for the full screen dual monitor issue. Google Chrome can create what is basically a borderless browser. Go to Netflix.com in Chrome. Then click on the file icon in chrome (just to the right of the address bar, left of the preferences button). Then click "create applications shortcut". Check desktop and click ok. This will create a shortcut on the desktop for Netflix that will be borderless. You can then drag that window to the second monitor and maximize. Be sure to maximize the Chrome window itself NOT the 'full screen' button on netflx. That window will stay maximized while doing stuff on the other screen.
Enjoy
Old 03-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
marcnyc
All Star

that's a great fix bloodge1, thanks for posting! I will try that!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
stuntzii

fs

You can also hit F11 on the chrome screen to remove the top windows title bar too. leaving only the player controls on-screen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: