Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
benjamindgrant
Prospect

iPhoto - determine length of Slide Show

Hi All,
originally I made a playlist of music in garage band and set it to my desired length(about 20 minutes)... I have about 213 photos in my slideshow.. imported this song and told the slide show to fit to the music. This resulted in my pictures playing much too quickly and the last picture having a duration of 400 seconds. Needless to say, I wasn't particularly pleased with the fit to music setting, it seems to have a long way to go. Anyway, I determined it easier to go through picture by picture and optimize the duration depending on the panning i set for the ken burns effect. Now, I'm just going to make a playlist of songs that I edit in garageband to be the exact length of the slideshow. Only thing is now that I've gone through and changed all the durations.. I have no idea the exact length of slideshow... anyway to determine that easily??
thanks
Ben
benjamindgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
benjamindgrant
Prospect

further frustration comes from the fact that I have 211 pictures with a minimum of 7 seconds each -> meaning that at the least its about 24 minutes. Currently the slide show is 21 minutes. Makes no sense to me.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
benjamindgrant
Prospect

sorry that's clearly do to overlap, my apologies. The lack of timer seems odd though

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: