Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > System

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
qxgnxamy
Prospect

How do I know if I successfully reset my MacBook's SMC?

I just finished uninstalling Lobotomo's Fan Control from my Aluminum MacBook, which recommended resetting the SMC as the last step in the uninstallation. I actually tried resetting the SMC using both of the methods given here. Both times it hasn't produced any acknowledgement that the reset was successful. The fan isn't acting up, but it wasn't acting up even when Fan Control was installed; I just uninstalled Fan Control because other users have reported problems with it. I'd like to know if I completed the uninstall properly. How do I know if I successfully reset my MacBook's SMC?
qxgnxamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
NaOH
Hall of Famer

If you followed the Apple instructions you linked to, you should be fine. There is no type of notification that the process has been successfully completed. If you have any doubts – and from what you wrote there's no reason you should – simply repeat the procedure.
NaOH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Marlboro Man
Triple-A Player

^^ Thats what I thought, but I didn't want to tell him wrong. I had to do the same thing the day I got my MBP, and I didn't recall there being any notification, other than the isight camera was recognized when I rebooted afterward.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
qxgnxamy
Prospect

Thanks guys. =)
qxgnxamy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reset smc

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: