Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
d_vision
Prospect

usb to serial / touch screen

first off wats up people i have a problem i have a power book g4 aluminum osx 10.4.11 a radio shack pl-2303 usb to serial adapter and a 19" effinet touch screen model #efl-1902x...i can see the adapter in the usb section in the profiler and i have installed both the elo touch software and the micro touch software from 3m for the touch screen itself yet i can not get this mac to see the screen on a com port the micro touch no matter what i do does not see any com ports just says none so i tried a virtual com port but i obviously dont know what i am doing anymore on this and have used this option as a last chance to get this touch working any help would be greatly appreciated thank you
d_vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
d_vision
Prospect

please somone has to know somthing
Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
d_vision
Prospect

cmon

not even a hint as to what i might try maybe another forum i could be pointed to ..................anyhting
Old 04-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #4
retrofloppy
Triple-A Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_vision
osx 10.4.11 [and] a radio shack pl-2303 usb to serial adapter

There's a potential source of difficulty right there. The Prolific chipset (pl = Prolific) has proven to be problematic on OSX systems; some of my experience is here. You may have better luck with a FTDI chipset or an adapter made by Keyspan.

But I have no experience with a touch screen, or the software they apparently require. Now that I think about it, even a Prolific adapter should appear normally in any lists of serial devices you might have - I'd expect it to look like it was going to work to the touch screen software, and then fail to send data reliably once it was connected, if you were going to experience the same problems I and others have had.

So, there - not much help, but at least you got a reply. :-)
retrofloppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: