Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > System

Old 05-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
jakeylady2

Question Putting Windows on a Mac OSX

I am a new user of the Mac and totally love it, however, I am a user of Paint Shop Pro and it is only for Windows. Have any of you ever put Windows on your Mac and if so does it work well and is there any complications?
Old 05-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
AHunter3
Hall of Famer

I have Windows XP, 2000 Server, NT 4, 95, and Windows for Workgroups 3.11 as virtual machines under Parallels. (Windows 7 awaits me feeling flush but it's in the plans). (I could post this answer to this thread using any of those operating systems, too, assuming that the ancient version of Internet Explorer that's in 3.11 could cope with vBulletin).

Parallels is one solution, VMWare is the primary competitor; then as an alternative to running a virtual machine, you can use Boot Camp (comes with MacOS) to install Windows on a separate partition and boot natively from it.

Edited to Add: There's s third route also that may work with Paint Shop Pro: WINE or one of the similar kits for running Windows binaries without actually running Windows at all.
AHunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHunter3
Edited to Add: There's s third route also that may work with Paint Shop Pro: WINE or one of the similar kits for running Windows binaries without actually running Windows at all.

CrossOver has varying degrees of compatibility with Paint Shop Pro, depending upon which version.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibi...paint+shop+pro
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
acme.mail.order
League Commissioner

I use Paint Shop Pro (version 7!) in a virtual machine with VMWare Fusion. Works just fine. Setting up folder access is slightly fiddley but only needs to be done once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	psp-unity mode.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	4517  
acme.mail.order is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: