Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > General Discussion > The Coat Room

Old 04-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
jeremy_Ellis864

HP Photosmart Studio for Mac 10.7 - Lion

I have an older version of HP Photosmart (it is for Mac 9.6). It will load but when I try to use it, it crashes CONSTANTLY. The very first time I installed it, it ran fine for about 2-3 weeks, then the crash problem began.

Can anyone suggest a resolution to this? I have been doing research and searching the web for the an updated version but either (A) It doesn't exist [yet], (B) It never will exist, (C) HP is doing a terrible job of making it readily available on their site or one of their forums.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
aehurst
MVP

v9.6.9 is the latest version and should work through Leopard. No update for Lion.

Can always download the latest and reinstall, but I really doubt it will make a difference. Yup, HP always seem a little slow on updating for Mac.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=cs-55797-1
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
benwiggy
League Commissioner

HP software is pretty terrible these days, and I usually try to avoid it whenever possible.

I have an HP 5100 laser printer, and the HP drivers (from Apple's site) make it print at half speed and make the paper jam. Consistently. I even got an HP engineer to come round, and he came to the same conclusion.

Using only a Generic PPD file, the printer runs full speed and never jams!

There are plenty of other products out there that will manage your photos, print onto DVDs and create panoramas.
benwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hp photosmart, photosmart crash, software for 10.7

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: