Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Networking

Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Kayos
Triple-A Player

SonicPoint trouble - Wireless Router suggestions?

Hey folks

We updated the wireless in our office (about 100 people) from HP devices to SonicPoint-Ne (model APL21-06E) and have been having some regular wireless issues ever since. Specifically, when connected computers could not always find the server shares (sometimes, they could) but could still connect to the internet. Connected to the ethernet cable they had no problem. We have investigated a number of issues and done all we could to troubleshoot this and now today none of my apple devices can connect to the wireless. They connect, accept the password but I only have a self-assigned IP.

I read in a couple of places about Apple compatibility with SonicPoints (here's one about iPads: https://www.fuzeqna.com/sonicwallkb/....asp?kbid=8091 and another about someone's MacBook: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0)

After all this I am done with SonicWall altogether and want to replace my wireless with something that works - any suggestions?

Thanks
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
trevor

For an office of 100 people, I'd recommend you buy some Cisco AP541N access points, and situate them in a variety of spots to give full coverage.

These are robust, configurable, compatible, quick, and professional-grade devices. They work well with Macs, Linux boxes, and Windows boxes.

Froogle: Cisco AP541N

Trevor
trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
Kayos
Triple-A Player

thanks Trevor
Kayos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: