Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > System

Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
montylee
Triple-A Player

Software Update file location???

I had to re-install Lion and now it is updating some components. One file it is downloading is Lion Recovery Update, a 1.87 GB file. So I can put that on my thumb drive, where does Software Update store the files?

Thanks.
montylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

You can download that separately from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1464

I think it is likely rolled into 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 - so downloading the latest Lion install would probably take care of the Lion recovery update, too.
I download the full Lion install when Apple updates it, and restore the install image to a flash drive, so I have everything to reinstall Lion, all in one place.
DeltaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
montylee
Triple-A Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMac
You can download that separately from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1464

I think it is likely rolled into 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 - so downloading the latest Lion install would probably take care of the Lion recovery update, too.
I download the full Lion install when Apple updates it, and restore the install image to a flash drive, so I have everything to reinstall Lion, all in one place.

Thanks. I did eventually download it separately. i was just trying to speed the process up since Software Update downloaded it. I didn't want to download it a second time as it takes a while using DSL. But I got it.

I also have a thumb drive with all the files on it. Just had forgotten to update the image to 10.7.3.

Thanks again.
montylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: