Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Bob5545
All Star

Mail Mail not readable JPEG attachments

I am having issues with scanned documents when I email them they can not be read. Recently I scanned a document, jpeg picture with text. The scanned file was 3.5 MB however, when I attached in Mac Mail and sent the file was compressed to 30 KB. This is very annoying. How do I control what I send regarding attachment size.

I want to attach and send the 3 MB version so it can be read, loaded into iPhoto to be enlarged and edited.

iMac, Lion.
Bob5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
NaOH
Hall of Famer

When you attach an image to a new Mail message, look in the bottom right corner of the message window. There's an Image Size pop-up menu with four choices: Small, Medium, Large, and Actual Size. You want to try this to see what setting is in use. Note that what you use in a particular instance carries forward. Use Actual Size today and it's what should be used the next time. If down the road you use Small, that will be used the following time.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Bob5545
All Star

Thanks,

Did not see that.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob5545
I want to attach and send the 3 MB version so it can be read, loaded into iPhoto to be enlarged and edited.

In case you don't know, when receiving email with pictures that you'd like to add to iPhoto, it's not necessary to first save them to the Finder. There are two similar options available when viewing the email which has pictures. If you right click on the images, there's an option to Export To iPhoto. Also, near the top of the message window toward the right side is a Save button. If you click and hold that you'll see an Add To iPhoto option.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Bob5545
All Star

If the attachment is viewable that is a good way to open in iPhoto.

Thanks again,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: