Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
vostrushka
Prospect

mail.app - creating new email

When composing new email how do I get email address into the To: section?
In Outlook one click on "To:" leads to the address book where you choose the destination address. How can choose the address in mail.app?
Or do I have always start from address book, sounds not logical to me.

Leonid
vostrushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
NaOH
Hall of Famer

If the addresses are already in Address Book, you could start typing the person's name or email address. This also works if the information is not in your Address Book but you've previously emailed the person.

To view a window of the information that you have in Address Book, you have two ways of bringing that up.
  1. At the top of the window for composing a message, there should be an icon that looks like a silhouette of a person. That's in 10.7 (Lion). My memory is that earlier versions of Mail had an icon that looked like an address book (but my memory could be off). Click that icon to open the address window.
  2. Alternatively, from the Window menu, select Show Address Panel.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
wendell
Triple-A Player

In SL, if you type the first letter of the address it should fill in the rest. If there are several addresses that are close in spelling, it will give you the choices. Click on the desired one. If this doesn't happen for you, check Mail preferences <composing> and check <Automatically Complete Addresses>
In the tool bar of the new page should be a icon of the address book. Clicking on the icon should open Address Book. If it's not there click <View> <Customize Toolbar> and drag the icon to your tool bar.

Hope this helps.
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
vostrushka
Prospect

I added icon of address book into the composing window.
Thank you.
Leonid
vostrushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compose, mail app

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: