Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 04-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
webexplorer
Triple-A Player

Which software that work with my First Alert security camera?

I have a First Alert security camera and an Elgato Video Capture device (like a USB device) for my iMac computer.

The Elgato Video Capture software connected to the security camera which works fine, but it is not a security software. I am disappointed that the Elgato tech support does not have the information for a 3rd party software such as a video security software.

I am very sure that there must be some softwares that should work with the security camera.

What are the names of the softwares for capture video that I could download and test them to see whether they work with my video camera or not?

I'm surprised that EvoCam and SecuritySpy softwares do not work with my video camera. These software directed to my iMac's built-in web-camera.
webexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
vanakaru
All Star

Try to choose the camera in Quicktime 7(it is in Utilities folder) preferences and quit QT. Then your other apps may choose the same camera first order.
Or engage iSight with Quicktime (do not quit QT) and see if your other apps will choose next available cam.
I do not use Elgato products. These are too Elgato specific and fiddly.
vanakaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
webexplorer
Triple-A Player

The QuickTime 7 is not in the Utilities folder. QuickTime Player's version is 10.1 . I really thought that the version was 7. My OS is 10.7.3. Which software do you like instead of Elgato?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Apple has a page for users to download QuickTime 7 for Lion.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

Of course, QuickTime is also not "security software".
What do you expect of "security software" that is more than using/viewing the camera's image?
DeltaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
webexplorer
Triple-A Player

The QuickTime is not a security camera so I can't find another software to make it work.
I don't care if it is a security camera. I just want to see who is outside on my driveway. That's all. I don't need to record it. Just plain view...
Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

The Elgato video capture device comes with software on CD, which should include Mac versions. Doesn't that work for you?
If you are missing that software, you can download it direct from Elgato support site...
http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/main...-Video-Capture
DeltaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
cradom
Major Leaguer

See if your capture device is supported here: http://www.echofx.com/videoglide.html
If it is, you might can use Security Spy.
cradom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: