Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > General Discussion > The Coat Room

Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
aubreyapple
All Star

Itunes Security Questions

The new security questions are lame. The choice of questions is so limited and there is no way I can remember the answers because they are so far removed from recent experience. My least favorite teacher? Give me a break. It has be over 50 years since I even HAD a teacher. Somebody told me once to just answer all questions with 'none', but then I would have to remember that!
aubreyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
aubreyapple
All Star

It is even worse than that. They want a security e-mail. Since I already had one they refused to accept the same one and refused to accept a blank.
aubreyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #3
NaOH
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyapple
It is even worse than that. They want a security e-mail. Since I already had one they refused to accept the same one and refused to accept a blank.

If you use Gmail (or a personal domain with email handled by Google Apps), here's an easy way to create another address. If your email is aubreyapple@gmail.com, you can simply enter aubreyapple+itunes@gmail.com and you will get the message at your regular Gmail address. (This is also great for spam prevention on sites that require an email address because you can simply create a rule/filter to delete any emails from the aubreyapple+[whatever] address.)

There's a term for doing this. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it's called. If I could, that would help me link or describe similar options that other email providers offer. Of course, if you're not using iCloud, you can always sign up for that to get the free email it offers.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: