Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > AppleScript

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
jakehotep

Applescript gets corrupted at least once during the day

This is a weird one. I really don't like the automatic settings for new folders in OSX, so I set up an Applescript application on my dock to make folders with the specs I like, namely, List View, Hide Toolbar and positions, typically like this:

tell application "Finder" to set bounds of Finder window 1 to {7, 50, 352, 227}

For an indeterminate amount of time during the day, this works fine, and reads the bounds as: (1) Distance from left, (2) Distance from Top, (3) Distance from Right (or width of box), and (4) Depth (I think that's how they're defined).

However, at some point during the day (doesn't matter what I'm doing), the App will READ the bounds in a different ORDER: (1) from TOP, (2) from LEFT, (3) Height of Box, then (4) Width of Box. The numbers haven't changed their order in the application, JUST the way it's being read. So my new windows are too close to the top (can't see the Title bar), they run down the left side of my screen instead of across the top, etc.

Any help understanding this would be appreciated.

Running OS 10.4.11, G5 PowerMac 1 GB RAM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: