Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
the.baron
Triple-A Player

Question Advice please - web design app for a noob

Hi all,

This is prompted by the release of Flux v4, but I've had the question for a while …

I'm a competent self-taught mac semi-geek. But as such there are many large chasms in my grasp of geek stuff, and my understanding of geekspeak is fairly limited.

I have a website, which includes a database for my MP3 podcast. My son built it for me several years ago, as a sort of project while he was studying multimedia design. It's now looking a bit tired graphically, and some of the code he used then doesn’t play so well with modern browsers. So I really want to get it spruced up. My son is now earning a packet as a web developer, but getting him to turn his attention to my website is … well lets just say it ain't gonna' happen anytime soon.

I'd be more than happy to do the job myself. But given my relative noobness I really need a web design app that's more WYSIWYG than under-the-bonnet.

Now … I have Flux v3, which I got in a bundle a while back. I've made several attempts at seeing if I can rebuild my site using that, but it just hasn't worked. I simply can't seem to get my head around it enough to even get past square 1. With the release of Flux v4, requiring a not insubstantial paid upgrade, I'm wondering whether I might be better spending my money on another app that perhaps I'd have more chance of understanding and using.

So the candidates seem to be:
  • stick with Flux
  • Rapidweaver
  • Sandvox
  • others???

Can someone guide me? Thanks.

MBP late-2011 | 10.7.3
the.baron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noob, web design

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: