Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > Working with OS X > OS Xperiences

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
calvin200001
Prospect

Jaguar "recent Places" in LION question

"Recent Places" menu in the save/open/place etc... dialogs rarely update or update correctly when referring to sever locations. This used to work well in Leopard.

IE. If I was to go to a folder called 28943 in Finder, then open it into say illustrator, "Recent Places" would update, so that if i wanted to then place a document into the currently open document, it would direct me to that same folder via "recent Places".

Now it just has random places there.

It doesn't matter if its locally or remotely as far as i can tell at this point. It doesnt work for either. Although getting it to work for the server side would be the most important for me.

can anyone help?
calvin200001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
benwiggy
League Commissioner

This might be better off in the "System" section, where it might get more responses.

What you describe isn't normal behaviour. It isn't my experience with Lion at all. So it's likely that something has got its knickers in a twist. It might be worth setting the number of recent items in System Preferences > General to "None", and then re-set it to another number shortly after that.

Failing that, you may have to delete a .plist file.
com.apple.finder.plist and com.apple.recentitems.plist seem to be the likely culprits. (In <user>/Library/Preferences.)

Bear in mind that you will have to re-set various other Finder prefs.
benwiggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lion, recent places

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: