Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
se6git
Prospect

QGIS 1.7.4 errors

I've been using QGIS for some time now thanks to Kyngchaos binaries but unfortunately the latest 1.7.4 and the 1.9 developer versions don't run plugins such as mmqgis. I stupidly "upgraded" to 1.7.4 without backing up 1.7.2 and now cannot get back to a functioning QGIS. I thought I might try compiling myself (not happy about that) but this fails as well because there seems to be an error with Qt or rather PyQt. It wants to compile both 32 and 64 bit versions but can't find the 32 bit Qt4.8 framework. Anyone know how to tell qmake not to compile 32 bit?
I really need a functioning QGIS by Tuesday, so I thought I would install Ubuntu on VirtualBox only to have the upgrade there screw up and now I have no VB either.
And yes, I have thought of downloading 1.7.2 from Kyngchaos but it isn't in the archives, only 1.7.0 is and that uses outdated dependancies. And Kyngchaos doesn't want to be contacted.
All this wouldn't have been a problem if TimeMachine didn't eat hard drives for breakfast.
se6git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
macosnoob
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by se6git
I have thought of downloading 1.7.2 from Kyngchaos but it isn't in the archives

Is this what you need?

http://qgis.org/downloads/qgis-1.7.2.tar.bz2
macosnoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pyqt, qgis, qt4.8