Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Applications

Old 03-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Cote623
Prospect

Compiz cube

Ok so i posted this in developer and got nothing in return for a response im just curious as to wether or not it can be done. Would it be possible to make a cube in Quartz composer then somehow make that cube be the screen change for Expose & Spaces. If it cant be done a simple no will be fine otherwise any ideas on ways to make it work are appreciated.
Cote623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
Cote623
Prospect

So its safe to assume nobody has any idea what im talking about or you all show no interest in being creative
Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
DeltaMac
League Commissioner

No, your assumption is misplaced, at best...
Between your 3 threads on this same question, you have had nearly 600 views - so you've had a lot of folks interested enough to take a look at your request.
I am not a programmer/developer, but I searched for what you are asking.
IMHO - A compiz cube looks like a lot of eye-candy - even for OS X
But, to each his own!

Are you just looking for some encouragement to start your project? I can do that, anyway.
I think that all you need to do is start coding this for yourself. See if you can get it to work.

Come back to the developer's area, or to Apple's own developer support pages. Describe what you have tried, and what works, and what doesn't work. Maybe your time here will be more effective, after trying a few things on your own.
What more could anyone possibly want?
DeltaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
benwiggy
League Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cote623
or you all show no interest in being creative

Making remarks likes this isn't the best way to get a positive response.

I doubt whether anyone has actually done what you are asking before; but that doesn't mean that the knowledge isn't out there.

Am I right in thinking that you want essentially the same animated effect for Spaces as the one that is used for fast user switching? Might be worth looking at how that is achieved.
benwiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
Cote623
Prospect

all i was asking for was a response in some sort rather than have 600 ppl look but never say a damn thing about wether it or not my idea was compeletly crazy. also if that animated effect for Spaces shows a cube rotating into the "space" chosen then yes
Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #6
vanakaru
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cote623
all i was asking for was a response in some sort rather than have 600 ppl look but never say a damn thing about wether it or not my idea was compeletly crazy

Probably all these 600 including me found this idea too trivial to answer. And that is the answer by itself.
vanakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: