Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > Working with OS X > OS X Products -- News and Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 159 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #401
scottdds
Prospect

trying to install s510 on new imac

ScanSnap DMG Patcher

Revision: V3.2 L20W
Location: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/IMA...ap_V32L20W.dmg (78mb)

Patch Kit: 0.1
Location: http://rapidshare.com/files/33357333...l20w_patch.zip (1.4mb)
Notes: Directly patches the "ScanSnap_V32L20W.dmg" disk image file enabling installation without the need to have any prior version of ScanSnap previously installed first. Provides support for all Fujitsu MAC and PC-Based ScanSnap scanners.

Notes: Try the patch kit out and let me know if it works. I haven't tried it out yet since I already have this version installed on my Mac. If it doesn't work, please post the error you experienced and I'll look at it.
scottdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #402
scottdds
Prospect

trying to install s510 on new imac

i followed your posts but i am a little unclear about the process

i downloaded the zip patch and the v3.2 l20w and the patch loaded into the dmg file before i installed the program. when i downloaded the manager would not open. do i need to download one of the newer files first? it did not seem to need this from the previous posts. what i am doing wrong in the steps.

download zip v32l20w patch

download v32l20w dmg

opened app for patch. drag the dmg into the patch and it loaded, opened dmg to install. plugged in s510 scanner. no app for manager in launchpad. went to application folder and could see what i think was the app icon, clicked and nothing happened. i had previously installed earlier and hopefully deleted v2.2 11 and 15 before i knew this was a problem.

i am new to mac from pc so a little unclear how thing work but had lots of experience with windows thru the years.

hopefully i can get a little guidance.

ScanSnap DMG Patcher

Notes: Directly patches the "ScanSnap_V32L20W.dmg" disk image file enabling installation without the need to have any prior version of ScanSnap previously installed first. Provides support for all Fujitsu MAC and PC-Based ScanSnap scanners.

Notes: Try the patch kit out and let me know if it works. I haven't tried it out yet since I already have this version installed on my Mac. If it doesn't work, please post the error you experienced and I'll look at it.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #403
scottdds
Prospect

got it working now, S510 PC on iMac OS X 10.7.2

installed V3.0 L20 with updated patch, then installed V3.2 L20 for Lion and all seems to be working perfect! S510 for PC working with my iMac.

thanks so much racerx90. very frustrating for a new mac user
Old 12-19-2011, 05:03 AM   #404
datico

Update: fi-5110EOX & OS X Lion 10.7

I tried the latest posts in this thread about using the V32L20 installer and applying the patch...but the final scansnap manager.app wouldn't run, it would just crash. But finally I just ran the basic V30L20 installer from Fujitsu, and it worked!!

I had downloaded it from a completely different scanner page (the S1500M). I then ran the Help > Online Update and it updated me to V32L41 which still worked fine. So no patch needed any longer.

FYI, my 5110EOX shows in the scansnap properties as a 5110EOX2M...so I even got an upgrade out of the deal. ;-)
Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #405
j.koopmann
Prospect

Hi,

thanks to the amazing descriptions and your efforts I got it to work as well. However a small remaining problem:

Once ABBY Finereader did it's magic on a PDF it saves it under the exact same name. I need to convince it to save it under a different name (e.g. attach _finereader or something like this to the file) or save it in a different folder. That way my archiving program can differentiate whether or not the file has been processed or not.

I got it to work somehow with an older version 3 of ABBY Finereader for Scansnap two years ago but cannot remember how (unless of course that is the standard way of ABBY Finereader 3 and this changed in 4).

Any idea of how to do this?

Kind regards,
JP
j.koopmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #406
BrokerDon
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdds
ScanSnap DMG Patcher

Is there a way to get this patch WITHOUT subscribing to RapidShare?

What is the best solution for my fi-5110C in Snow Leopard? I'd REALLY like to use a TWAIN driver to scan DIRECTLY into Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 but found TWAINSANE severely limiting... and couldn't get the ScanSnap_V32L20W.dmg to install on my MacBook Pro... only got the ScanSnap_V22L15 to install... and not sure the V32L20W is appropriate for my fi-5110C scanner. Fujitsu shows the current version for the ScanSnap fi-5110EOXM as ScanSnap_V22L15... So do I hack that one?

Also unsure if my fi-5100C scanner needs / can & should be upgraded with the newer fi-5110 firmware.

Add me to the list of REALLY frustrated angry Fujitsu users who will NEVER buy another Fujitsu scanners because of their ridiculous "two paths" driver support for identical scanners. SHAME ON FUJITSU !!!
BrokerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #407
paul111158

s510m windows inf patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx90

(BTW, I ended up patching all the inf files at the request of someone to include support for fi-5110EOXM, S300M, and S500M/S510M scanners if anyone needs them I'll post them - it's a bit more complete than my original post above (includes a fix for the correct scanner name identification.))

Hi, if you still have the patch for getting a 510M working on windows please could you post it? Thanks so much for your posts on this topic.
paul111158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #408
racerx90
Triple-A Player

Sorry if I haven't responded to some of yout requests that were sent to me in PM's, but I believe Rapidshare has deleted all the patch files by now since I stop paying for their hosting service some time ago.

In addition, I've stopped updating the patch files for the newer releases since Fujitsu has added support for PC-based scanners to the Mac software. So if you download a recent version of the drivers, all you need to do is hand patch the installer script to get past the check for requiring an old version of the software be installed on the computer before proceeding (detailed in this thread.)

Once you get the software installed, the new drivers will provide support for ALL ScanSnap-series of scanners on the Mac (either Mac or PC-based.) However, if your Fujitsu scanner is TWAIN based, the drivers will not provide support for these models. You will need to look at other alternatives such as SANE for Mac OS X.

I won't be posting to or monitoring this thread anymore. Thanks everyone!
racerx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #409
ClickingChristy

I am trying to get a Fujit Su ScanSnap 5110 EOX2 to work with a Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Tried numerous things:
ScanSnap_V22L11 (1).dmg
ScanSnap_V22L11 (2).dmg
ScanSnap_V22L11 (3).dmg
ScanSnap_V22L11.dmg
ScanSnap_V22L12_S510M_S500M_S300M.dmg
ScanSnap_V22L13-1.dmg
ScanSnap_V22L13.dmg
ScanSnap_V22L14.dmg
ScanSnap_V22L15.dmg
ScanSnap_V30L20W_S1500M (1).dmg
ScanSnap_V30L20W_S1500M (2).dmg

Get the error message:
ScanSnap Manager canít be installed on this computer.Cannot run the update because the target ScanSnap Manager is not installed.

Anybody out there got a magic wand I can borrow?
ClickingChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #410
ClickingChristy

Hi there,
Trying to get A scan snap 5110 EXO2 to work with my Mac os x 10.6.8.

Clicked on the link and "Download not available
File not found."

Also the software ScanSnap_V22L11.dmg states :
The system requirements for this product are as follows:

- Operating System
Mac OS X v10.2.8
Mac OS X v10.3
Mac OS X v10.4
Mac OS X v10.5
Old 04-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #411
ClickingChristy

Hi there,
Any advice you could give me on fi-5110EOX for Mac? All the links in this thread are broken.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #412
roads

S500 needs to run on Mac, could you please upload the files again?
roads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #413
dgtlman

Hello,
I need help with installin a patch for a Fujitsu S500 Scanner that I want to install on my iMac that has Mountain Lion.
1, How to download the patch - without paying for a rapidshare account
2. How to install
3. How to apply

Can anyone help with these 3 steps please?

Thank you
dgtlman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: