Go Back   The macosxhints Forums > OS X Help Requests > Hardware and Peripherals

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Juno42
Prospect

Question Best off-brand battery for Macbook 13", black

Hello, all. I have a few battery questions for the regular Macbook. First of all, I know getting the Apple brand battery would be best, unfortunately not possible at this time. So I am looking for off-brand batteries:

First, what is the difference between a1181 and a1185, or are they interchangeable? Second, Does the color of the battery case matter? I have a black 'book, but I don't care what color the battery is as long it is compatible.

Third, any off-brand battery recommendations? All I've really had to go on are the user reviews on Amazon. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you!
Juno42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
NaOH
Hall of Famer

I've had a great experience with the replacement battery I bought from Other World Computing. I believe this would be the battery for your model. Their customer service is very good, so you may want to contact them to confirm that it will work with your model.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Juno42
Prospect

That's a good one. Thank you.

I still wonder, a lot of the ones I looked at has the battery for both A1181 and A1185, are they the same?

(not that tech savvy, can you tell?)
Juno42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
NaOH
Hall of Famer

I'm not certain. I believe that specification pertains to which MacBooks can use the battery, A1181 being white MacBook models of that generation and A1185 being black models. I didn't write clearly, but that was why I suggested speaking to OWC customer support for confirmation. There's also a good chance someone around here will comment with more certainty.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
anthlover
Hall of Famer

If you were to go to about this mac and it would state that you have a Macbook 3,1 etc. you could find the battery more easily.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
13 inch, a1181, battery, macbook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: